TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Rant!!
People Seeking Info

Subject Rant!!

Posted by MaxxAction on October 16, 2014 at 9:52 AM
  This message has been viewed 600 times.

Message For the love of God an everything good...

Goodyear, please get your shit together!

So I replaced the knee members and lower control arms on my car last weekend, which threw the car out of alignment. I call around, and talk to several shops, and Goodyear assures me they can do the job. I tell them, it is a 4 wheel steering car, and ask if that's a problem. "Nope, we can do it." I ask if their alignment tech is a good one. "Yep, been doing it for ten years."

So I get up and leave early to get the car there at 7:45. About a half hour ago I get a call:"I'm sorry sir, we cannot align this car."

Why not?

"Because it is a four wheel steering car."

Really? Didn't I explain that when I made the appointment?

" Well yes, but we need a lockout bar for the rear steering to do it, and we don't have it."

No, you really don't. I have had it aligned several times by another shop where I used to live, and it always turned out great, and they had no "lockout bar."

"I'm sorry sir, we just can't do it. And by the way, you owe us forty dollars for the inspection."

Wait, what? I owe you forty dollars for you to tell me it is out of alignment? I told YOU it was out of alignment, that's why I brought it there in the first fucking place!

"I'm sorry sir, that is our policy."

So now I am out forty bucks, for someone to tell me my car is out of alignment, and the cost of having someone else align it. It is a wonder some of these places stay in business. Morons!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.