TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - experience at specialty z
People Seeking Info

Subject experience at specialty z

Posted by Alik Deaf Z on September 08, 2014 at 5:20 PM
  This message has been viewed 2055 times.

Message Hey Z32 owners,
Most of you dont know me, but my name is Albert. I am a Z32 owner and fanatic. I have invested a lot of money into my car to get it running good. Did all my work at Flawless Z Performance. My goal was to upgrade turbos and get it tuned. So this post is regarding my experience at Specialty Z.
I went to Specialty Z not too long ago and had a horrible experience. After investing a lot of money getting good parts off Concept Z Performance, I was humiliated because I was told that my parts were no good. They gave me a list saying how everything was wrong or cheap. Being that I am deaf, I could not understand what they were saying. All I can see was their reaction to my car and it did not seem like a good one. My car is running with a Greddy FMIC, REAL HKS BOVs, E-fan, AMS 2.5 piping, DW 850 Injectors, and many more upgrades. Most of these that I mentioned, I was told to replace because they were no good. I was told by email that my HKS BOVs were fake, when I purchased them directly off Concept. I was told to run ASH MASSIVES SMICs and Piping. I understand that SMICs have better flow, but it is all a matter of preference. I chose to run with a Greddy FMIC and there is nothing wrong with it. All of the work done to my car was done at a professional level, but Specialty Z thought otherwise. At to top it off, I was charged $385 to inspect the car and was not able to tune it, which is why I was there in the first place. Along with not getting it tuned, I waited 5 hours and I even made the appointment. After all the inspection, I was quoted at $6-8k to do all the work. They wanted me to put everything back to basically stock. They said that BOVs are no good for our cars and that FMICS are horrible (which is a matter of opinion, not taking to account other mods I have done).
I understand that most people like the work that Specialty Z does, but I came here to express my experience with them. They did not help me to tune my car and on top of that, they charged me to get it inspected. I spent money towing it there and back 2 times. Money was not well spent taking it there. WILL NOT TAKE MY Z TO SPECIALTY Z AGAIN

alberts

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.