TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 2015 Calendar entries are now being accepted..Sticky????
People Seeking Info

Subject 2015 Calendar entries are now being accepted..Sticky????

Posted by ChrisZTT(Sacto, CA) on August 31, 2014 at 10:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 1910 times.

Message By popular demand/request, I will once again make up a set of calendars for the 2014 year. So, this is your friendly reminder for calendar submissions this year.
The requirements for submission:

1) The pics must be hi res. Usually 4MB or larger will suffice. Just take them with a hi res camera and you should be fine.

2) The pictures need to be scenic. Urban, country, seasonal, whatever. Have something in it which accentuates the car like a cityscape, old country bridge or sunset. Just put something in it that you think other members would like. I would love to get a few pics from some seasonal settings like winter or fall. Pictures taken in your driveway or other similar settings doesn't count. Unless your house is picturesque but oil stained driveways with uncut grass don't fit that profile. So think about your background which is as important as the car.

3) You need to send in at least 8 pictures for me to choose from. But feel free to send more but try to keep it under twenty. Last year about 5 people sent me 50+ each.

4) Be creative. The best pic will get the cover which I will choose.

5) If you send pics with hot women in them I won't complain. :) But don't have the woman be the center piece of the car please. Accentuate the car with the model, not the other way around. Keep in mind most people want to see the car and many put them up in their office.

6) The pics sent in MUST have the same look to the car. (ie - one year I had someone send in pics of their car with three different sets of rims on it. I use most pics sent in and three different sets of rims would not have worked on the calendar.

7) Cars can be anywhere from stock to highly modified. All are eligible.

8) You will need to send in contact info to me in case I have questions about your cars.

9) If your car is chosen be prepared to give me some information about yourself to add to the calendar. IF I have time I put captions in.

10) Pictures should be sent to my email at Chris.Touponce@comcast.net and put in the subject line "calendar" without the quotes. That way it will get routed to the proper folders. Keep in mind I have comcast and they have restrictions on the size of emails. IF YOUR SUMBISSION BOUNCES BACK PLEASE RESEND IT, BUT BREAK UP THE PICS INTO MAYBE 2 PICS PER EMAIL. Sorry for that but it is the best I can do. You are also welcome to host the pics somewhere and I will pull them down. Just let me know where. Two examples are Mediafire and Dropbox.

Other good info to have:

To give myself some time to work on them I would like to receive any picture submissions for those of you who want to try out for it BEFORE "Early" October. I will make exceptions for those of you with good excuses (ie you were deployed) but I can't wait forever. So for all intents and purposes, that leaves you just about 1 months to get some pictures to me. I ask for this early time to allow myself time to work on it, get it to the printer and get it to you all before next year. I know, call me slow but this is not my day job. I am doing this for the members of TT.net and 300zxclub.com and work on it during my free time.
Last year I charged $25 each (which covered the printing and shipping plus about $2 each for myself), I talked with the printer and he is going to charge me a few bucks more this year so I will have to make the $27 this year. Sorry, I really tried to talk him into staying at the same price, but failed.

NO money or orders are being requested at this time. Around November I will start taking the orders to see where we stand.

Oh ya, if you want your birthday in the calendar make sure you send it to me in a separate email from the pictures. You don't have to have a pic in the calendar to get your birthday in it. Just put "TT.net birthday" without the quotes in the subject line so it gets to the correct folder.

The calendars are:
1) Printed on hi glass heavy photo paper
2) Spiral Bound
3) When opened up they are 11x17
4) Punched and ready for the wall
5) Will have at least 5 pics of each car featured. (subject to change as I see fit)
6) Every attempt will be made to make the calendar as accurate as possible

All entries that FOLLOW the entry rules will be posted for the members to vote on. The top 12 will get the slots. This will be in a separate post which hopefully will get stickied at a later date like last year where we can keep it up for a week to let a good vote go through. Those who enter that don't get one of the 12 months will have a chance to get on the bonus page at the back (see below). Keep in mind I get the final decision on what goes in the calendar or not. If the pics submitted are not up to spec, poor condition or the owner doesn't submit enough pics, etc.. then they will be removed and a new car substituted.

Here is a shortcut to a prior years calendar shots for example
[ [ [ http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=general&msg_id=2523736&forum=general&dtSearch=35 ] ] ]

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.