TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I may be coming back to the Z...
People Seeking Info

Subject I may be coming back to the Z...

Posted by WolfmanZ on August 21, 2014 at 10:25 AM
  This message has been viewed 551 times.

Message I use to read this site everyday circa 1999-2003. I fell in love with these cars when they were introduced as a 15 yr old kid. Had a 90 NA and 91 TT in my mid twenties. TT was stock except intake and borla catback. The bug has me again. I couldn't afford but always wanted a stage III car back then. I never thought I'd consider a 96 TT but came across one that is set up very close to what I want. I'm pretty familiar with these cars and know the changes in 96 compared to the previous yrs. I searched this site but couldn't quite get my question answered. I don't fully understand the variable valve timing but besides the 20 hp loss and emissions is there any other negative to the 96 engine? Now that jwt has an ecu can you still get 400 crank hp with stage III plus down pipes, mid pipes, flywheel, larger inter coolers but stock turbos and injectors? Not going to boost more than 12psi. My goal here is a clean stock looking car that gives me a nice kick in the pants. Yes, I love the stock wheels etc.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.