TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I was thinking maybe 1st time car was colder
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I was thinking maybe 1st time car was colder

Posted by thumper300zx on August 20, 2014 at 5:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 236 times.

In Reply To I was thinking maybe 1st time car was colder posted by 300ZMang on August 20, 2014 at 03:33 PM

Message I certainly don't want to mislead anyone, so in the interest of that thought... First time I drove probably 10-15 freeway miles in hot weather first time. Second time I did purposely drive about 25 freeway miles (on a cool morning), and they did get it on the machine a bit more quickly (didn't have to do safety since it already passed that). But that filter was really bad... Surprised because it didn't have a ton of miles on it. Maybe the slightly longer run helped, but I can promise the car runs way, way better...idle smoothed out (and it was occasionally running high idle at stops even when warm)...it was stumbling pretty badly and not pulling great in the upper end.

I also created a little filter guard with a gallon plant pot so air isn't blowing right over the filler from the front... Maybe help keep it a little cleaner.

VISIT thumper300zx.com for PICS and TECH PAGES

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.