TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I wondered if this diff somehow overheated, resulting in
People Seeking Info

Subject I wondered if this diff somehow overheated, resulting in

Posted by TriniTT on July 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM
  This message has been viewed 168 times.

In Reply To Something I found on the wiki page for limited slip posted by MixManMash on July 16, 2014 at 09:04 PM

Message the effect described. What doesn't make sense is that happening on my z, which has been so meticulously maintained by the original owner and myself. If mine was so susceptible to overheating and losing proper function, it would seem that most r200 diffs would be long past their effective range by now. I wonder if the lack of fins on the diff cover could have such a significant impact to allow the diff to overheat? It certainly doesn't seem like a stretch to believe.

At any rate, I'm curious what is the best route for resolving this issue. I have a spare diff from an earlier model, but eventually that will inevitably overheat as well. I'm not interested in spending a lot of money for a clunky mechanical lsd, I'd really prefer to rebuild this one if possible. Does anybody have any information regarding obtaining a new center? Ultimately I want an oem vlsd in new condition, and I'm willing to dive into the task of rebuilding it if that's an option. I just don't have the experience to know enough about the sealed silicone-filled center to know if it's replaceable.

Cheers,
JBrobst

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.