TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I don't believe that.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I don't believe that.

Posted by MaxxAction on July 16, 2014 at 4:06 PM
  This message has been viewed 329 times.

In Reply To I don't believe that. posted by TriniTT on July 16, 2014 at 02:32 PM

Message 2 years ago...

I stepped up and spent a lot of money for the Phillips HID kit, (over 400 dollars) which was supposed to be one of the highest quality systems on the market. Within 3 months, the first one went out, bad ballast.

I contacted Philips, and they directed me to Philips Germany. I contacted them, and they basically told me there was nothing they could do, but sell me a replacement, even though i had the receipt, and EBay transaction ID, and they were supposed to be under warranty.

So instead of spending another hundred and fifty dollars to replace one ballast, and waiting two months for it to get through customs etc, I bought an elcheapo set for sixty bucks. I used one of them to replace the one philips that had gone bad. The color was a bit different, but just as bright, and it is still working.

Saturday of last weekend, the second one of the philips failed, bad ballast, and I put in the second one from the cheap set, works fine.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.