TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Injectors......
People Seeking Info

Subject Injectors......

Posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on July 16, 2014 at 9:19 AM
  This message has been viewed 347 times.

In Reply To Re: Sure. But what CZP does it target every price point, posted by Stadsport (Nick@CZP) on July 14, 2014 at 07:38 PM

Message I have talked to Coz about the problems with the cheaper injectors, I told Coz I think it is a dis-service to sell injectors that I believe are dangerous. Coz informed me he has customers that want cheaper options, I told him they are spending more in the long run when they do not work properly, his answer was I have to give my customers what they want and they want lower cost.
I believe it is better to educate the customer. I personally will not sell cheap parts that are going to cause issues and will need to be replaced to make the cars run correctly.
The customer MixManMash is referring to was a customer we met on a recent tuning trip, the customer had been dealing with his car not running correctly for a couple years.
The customer had recently added a Haltech ECU....
The car ran very poorly, in order to get the car to idle smooth, it required one injector to be set to receive 35% more fuel at idle (with Haltech you can control individual injectors), at higher RPM, it required other injectors to have have more fuel.
I informed the customer the injectors were too far out of balance to properly tune the car and suggested changing them.
He said he bought the injectors from CZP and had asked for the best injectors. I said these are not the best, they are not even good, I told him I do not recommend spending money to tune the car with these injectors.
The customer agreed to change them out, so we worked out getting a set of Nismo 740cc injectors and installed them.
The car ran perfectly after changing the injectors and did not require trimming the injectors differently to run correctly on all cyl's.
The top of the injectors that were in the car looked like Red Nismo 740cc, but the bottom were single pintle.
We have run into this same issue on tuning trips before, I also get calls regularly with people having issues with modified injectors. Some people go through 2 or 3 brands of these cheap injectors before they finally buy quality, or they sell the car because they are frustrated.
If people do not have the extra money for good injectors, they should be educated to save the money to do it right one time.
The injectors and tune are protecting the engine, if they do not have the money for injectors, they certainly will not have the money for the engine when certain cyl's run leaner than others and the compression goes away due to detonation.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.