TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Bad advice
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Bad advice

Posted by canIb00Zt on July 14, 2014 at 11:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 172 times.

In Reply To Bad advice posted by ZXRider on July 14, 2014 at 03:36 PM

Message I really want to bring this car back to life and not part ways with it just yet. My main concern is obviously the motor. This will be the largest expense by far. I was leaning towards a factory rebuild with maybe a few extras. How much would I be looking at for necessary motor work assuming that I kept my Injectors and turbos. I would consider a turbo rebuild unless it makes more sense to buy new slightly larger than stock turbos. There are maybe 15-20k easy miles on them if even that much. I never tracked this car.

As for the exterior of the car I was thinking of going wingless and if I look around enough I think I can find a shop to paint the car for $2500-3000.

The suspension can be done after everything else. It is not bad but It is something I have always wanted to go in and re-do.

I would like to work on this myself but I feel like this is a tough job and maybe I should enlist the help of a professional or knowledgeable enthusiast. Granted the motor is together is is realistic for me to be able to take out and drop in the new motor with the help of some people and countless hours of ready TT.net ??

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.