TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I've been in a similar boat
People Seeking Info

Subject I've been in a similar boat

Posted by BlackholeZ on July 14, 2014 at 7:04 PM
  This message has been viewed 247 times.

In Reply To NJ Z owner.....At a crossroad and would like your input. posted by canIb00Zt on July 14, 2014 at 01:26 PM

Message Had my Z since 05, TT swapped in '11. PO's Maaco paint job is peeling and 4 years of college parking lots has taken its toll on the paint that isn't peeling. TT wing rotted and rusted the hatch so I'll be needing a new one. All this and the chassis has 270k on it.

Looking at the cost of a GOOD paint job with all the needed bodywork and I'd be better off finding a babied 2+2 from an old guy and swapping everything over. The other thing is I've driven some more mildly modified Zs, and they are nice. More comfortable ride, less noise, and an easier clutch are all things that I think about constantly.

Looking forward to still a few more years of school with a limited budget and wondering what the future holds for my Z and there is really only one, logical, solution. And that is to continue the trend of modifications to my Z and work towards a primarily track car. I'm probably going to vinyl wrap it to cover up the inconsistent paint and I won't have to sweat if I go off or take out a cone. Hopefully some day I'll be able to get another Z that can be my cherry, comfortable Grand Tourer.

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" - ChristopherTheOne
" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.