TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - oil ristrictors using ss lines on thrust bearing/stock turbo
People Seeking Info

Subject oil ristrictors using ss lines on thrust bearing/stock turbo

Posted by LivinTheDream on June 28, 2014 at 2:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 307 times.

Message After seeing all the research and info dug up, in regards to stock oil lines and heat shielding on turbos I had a few questions:

1. Aftermarket turbos don't use heat shielding. For this reason I thought not to used the stock shielding on mine. I now stand corrected. Are ss lines the only thing preventing coking with these larger turn is with no shielding?

2. The stock oil feed on the RH side uses a banjo fitting with a k stamped on it that restricts flow. The ss lines that I've had on a prior build did not have this restriction. Is there a need for it??? Why did Nissan restrict the flow slightly and its ok to open it up with as lines.... maybe Nissan did it to increase velocity of the oil going into the turbo...

3. My engine is already in with the faulty oem hardline. I plan to swap it with an ss line and use either a standard banjo bolt and fitting to go into the stock brass fitting which tees off the short block. Or use the oem banjo bolt stamped with a k. Does this sound like a good idea and which banjo bolt would u recommend ?

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.