TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I have been developing some software
People Seeking Info

Subject I have been developing some software

Posted by zromtech on May 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM
  This message has been viewed 331 times.

In Reply To software question. posted by wellcraft on May 09, 2014 at 05:07 PM

Message It is called KnockSpy, and is available for download (including a free trial/demo version) here:

KnockSpy v1.11

It supports the standard diagnostic stuff, like reading error codes, engine sensor monitoring/logging and active tests.

It also has a few features not found in other software:

- Complete knock control monitoring and map tracing. This lets you see exactly how much timing your ECU is pulling due to knock, and see all of the knock control parameters. This is not available in any other software AFAIK. (fyi: Nistune is missing and/or flat-out wrong about many things in our ECUs, especially the knock control system!)

- Zoomable user interface. Graphs, gauges and maps can all be zoomed. For the graphs, this lets you zoom out to quickly view the entire log at once and then zoom back in to investigate specific areas - a very useful feature!

- High-precision ECU values. The ECU calculates values internally with decimal precision, KnockSpy lets you access these values.

This software is definitely worth the money, since money motivates me to release more features to the public instead of just keeping them all for my own personal use. ;-)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.