TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yeah? And?
People Seeking Info

Subject Yeah? And?

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on May 08, 2014 at 4:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 232 times.

In Reply To The Z ecu will not get enuff voltage at idle with 2pumps posted by The Devils Z on May 07, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Message hehehe...you mean the FPC not ECU right? :) So what's the reason your Ash controller is running the two pumps you have?
I'll tell you. You ran a separate B+ line to your second pump. You can't run a second B+ line at the first pump because it's getting it's power on the same line as the FPC. Just those two things on that single line (which is really a set of two B+ lines in parallel, buts that's another story:) is maxing out the load on that power source. Although there does seem to be some people who have no problem running two pumps on that line????

But anyway, your second pump has a separate B+ line. That frees up the load on the line at the FPC and the first pump. The Ash controller controls both pumps because it now has enough power to do that. The power the Ash controller supplies is basically the same as the OEM FPC. The OEM FPC can also control two pumps in the same setup as you have. A lot of people do it. The Ash controller has a couple bells and whistles in that you can make adjustments to the mid and (low or high??) speeds. Something I don't really think is a necessity since you'll be running enough fuel delivery with the two pumps to do the job anyway (BTW I'm not an expert on this).

I asked Shawn and I want to get some more opinion on this so I'll make a separate post. What would be best or what would be necessary? To have the second pump run the same way the first pump runs all the time? Or have it kick in when the OEM FPC kicks in at mid or high speed only?

And another thing. Are you coming over this weekend so we can do that other mod?

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.