TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Excited over passing emissions..
People Seeking Info

Subject Excited over passing emissions..

Posted by Carlos Ramirez on May 07, 2014 at 8:03 AM
  This message has been viewed 457 times.

Message I haven't posted in a while so hello to all.. I know alot of us worry that once we start modding our cars that we will simply never be able to pass emissions ever again.. But for some strange reason I tried to do it this year and the results were amazing.

25/25 TEST
HC PPM: 33 allowed 148 PASS
CO %: .04 allowed .94 PASS
NOx ppm: 688 allowed 1047 PASS
CO+CO2%: 14.55 allowed 6 PASS (tho I am confused why)

50/15 Test:
HC ppm: 33 allowed 152
CO %: .06 allowed 0.85
NOx ppm: 327 allowed 1146
CO+CO2% 14.55 allowed 6

I had recently (a few days ago ) took off my resonators from my depree pipes, and replaced them with (I really need to redo my whole exhaust) Vibrant 200 cell Metallic spun core (model 7101) cats. I will put up a disclaimer that I did try everything I could to make sure my car could pass dropped my Base Timing to 12 degrees, added 2 bottles of heat, and 1 bottle of Seafoam, once I was almost completely empty plus 8 gallons of Premium Gas.Drove around and super heated the cats then went to the emissions place.

Why was I concerned I wouldn't pass? 1 no EGR system 2. NO AIVs 3. No Charcoal Canister (tho I have a strong gas smell that may need to go back in), and until recently I had no cats. This was my last year to pass emissions next year my vehicle is emissions exempt but I really got tired of the car smells, and I just want to be able drive it around and not smell like car (which still an on going issue). In my case I am kind of wondering if my external waste gates that are venting to atmosphere ( leaking could maybe explain why I got such low numbers ) and causing some of my exhaust smell, or if it is something else my missing charcoal canister.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.