TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - High 5 Clutch
People Seeking Info

Subject High 5 Clutch

Posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on May 05, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  This message has been viewed 364 times.

In Reply To Damn. What other clutch is a good option @ that power level? posted by bartz32tt on May 03, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Message The High 5 is a unique clutch, it has been our best seller and we have received more positive feedback from customers for this clutch than anything else we sell.
We have sold well over 1000 units.
This clutch holds more power than any single disc clutch I know of, more than most twin disc clutches.
This clutch has held over 1000 RWHP on Mike Jackson's car, many cars with 800 RWHP. I do not recommend the clutch for 1000 HP, but Mike proved it did hold that power, my guess is it will not last long at that level.
The High 5 is the easiest clutch on the weak syncros.....
The reason it is easier on the syncros is because the disc is so light, the lighter disc has less stored energy on the trans shaft, less stored energy allows the trans shaft speed to decrease or increase with less effort, or less demand on the syncros.
Twin and triple disc clutches are much harder on the syncros because the increase the stored energy on the trans shaft, making it more difficult for the syncro to decrease or increase the trans shaft speed for the next higher or lower gear to sync.
Most Button type puck disc's have stamped steel centers that are not perfectly flat, combine the lack of being flat with springs in the hub and you tend to get a lot of chatter.
The High 5 has an CNC machined aluminum center, the fact that it is 100% flat, combined with the material mixture allows a very smooth engagement that most people experience with this clutch.
The High 5 is a solid hub, what makes it unique is the aluminum 100% flat disc, the aluminum offers less shock than a steel disc, so it is far more forgiving than a steel solid hub. Again the sprung hub puck clutches tend to bounce.
Because of the unique pressure plate design, the pedal pressure is similar to stock.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.