TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Can I just use my alarm system for the timer?
People Seeking Info

Subject Can I just use my alarm system for the timer?

Posted by Madcap on May 03, 2014 at 2:39 PM
  This message has been viewed 462 times.

In Reply To Mount boost controller and turbo timer posted by Madcap on May 03, 2014 at 09:09 AM

Message I read up a little on turbo timers and learned that they can be had with an aftermarket alarm. Is there any reason we shouldn't go that route with our cars? Fitting the boost controller right into the factory clock cutout would be nice and eliminating the turbo timer would mean no dremeling into the bezel. If there's some advantage to a standalone timer would mounting it out of sight be senisble, say in the glove box? I imagine I would tend to leave mine in the automatic mode most of the time.

Above that I have a Kenwood KIV-BT901 single DIN head unit ready to install and I was thinking about something like this for the other slot: [ http://www.carav.cn/cpzs-show.asp?Bid=9&Tid=149&Id=33 ]

The PC along with a consult cable and software should minimize the need for additional gauges and make things easier for my mechanic. I could of course use it for the music too and eliminate the Kenwood but my gut says I'll prefer to keep the audio separate from the PC. I have the same headunit in my truck so I know I'll be happy with the Kenwood.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.