TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - You may NEVER drive it to work, among other banned trips
People Seeking Info

Subject You may NEVER drive it to work, among other banned trips

Posted by aLL_youR_Z_aRe_beLOnG_tO_uS on May 03, 2014 at 8:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 186 times.

In Reply To On the fence about switcing to collectable car insurance. posted by Metacom on May 01, 2014 at 07:05 PM

Message If you do drive it to work, and you get into a wreck, they will definitely not pay any claim. Collectible car insurance is basically for trailer queens, garaged only, and "pleasure drive, never stop and get out, and then you go back home cars" only. If you are going to stop somewhere and either get out of the vehicle, or park it and leave it (for any amount of time) or have the intentions of doing this, your claims will be immediately denied. If you do go this route, ask a LOT of questions, for example, I wanted to insure a vehicle with Hagerty and made the mistake of mentioning I might drive it to work once or twice a month, they actually put an immediate ban on me for a whole year and I couldn't insure anything with them simply because I used the words "drive to work". You can not drive a collector car to work ever, and I mean not even one time and be covered. Same thing goes for the grocery store, or the post office, or anywhere basically you can't drive and park your car unattended or you are not covered. Also, "Actual Cash Value", "Agreed Value" and "Stated Value" are way different terms when it comes to paying a claim.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.