TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It is all about your financial circumstance.....
People Seeking Info

Subject It is all about your financial circumstance.....

Posted by ConVerTT on May 02, 2014 at 11:32 AM
  This message has been viewed 219 times.

In Reply To On the fence about switcing to collectable car insurance. posted by Metacom on May 01, 2014 at 07:05 PM

Message My personal philosophy: the "total loss" to worry about is an at fault injury accident where you are being sued for a few million not a few thousand dollars of parts. So I tend to max out on liability insurance and minimize purchases of comprehensive insurance. (ie. I want protection against a few million, but I can eat a few thousand dollars).

The math might be different where you live but up here the annual premium for full coverage has become significant relative to the value that insurance will pay out in the event of total loss.

For example. On my 96 - 2M liability only $400, fully coverage adds another $500 per year. Payout $9k total loss - basically 0 for mods. I can submit bills for all my mods and have the $9k and premium adjusted accordingly. My point however $500 for $8500 (9k less 500 deductible) seems expensive - basically almost 6 percent of the value of the vehicle. Comparably $400 for M$2 of liability is a steal.

Up here Grundy is way cheaper, but they do not like a) annual mileage (fine), b) mods of any kind (wouldn't give me a clear answer as to whether or not that inclued 18" wheels), c) any kind of autocross or track events including driving schools (ouch)

CLOSED For The SEASON :-(

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.