TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - LOL, I've got an old school Eclipse copper clad premp in
People Seeking Info

Subject LOL, I've got an old school Eclipse copper clad premp in

Posted by zgene4 on April 30, 2014 at 3:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 461 times.

In Reply To Double-din radio suggestion. posted by Woody75 (Denver) on April 30, 2014 at 03:01 PM

Message my Z as well. I was fortunate that I was able to hotwire it to work with their first iPod adapter interface even though they told me it wouldn't. That add-on easily extended its life by another 10 years!

I've been using Kenwood Excelon double din head units in my DD's for the last 9 years. Their Garmin Nav is by far the best interface for that portion of the experience. The Excelon's all come with 5V preouts so sound quality has never been an issue. I currently have an DNX890HD in my CTS-V, but will be replacing it with the new 891 next week. The interface is pretty refined, nothing overly flashy, LED color is adjustable to match the OEM lights, and the ergonomics are very good. The bluetooth interface in this latest version has been ver stable with my Galaxy S3. I use a hardwired cable to connect a 160GB iPod classic so I can't comment on bluetooth connectivity for iOS based music. Pandora connection is buggy, but the sound quality was never good enough for me to consider it anything more than a toy and I don't use it. The pEQ in the 890 is also pretty robust and this was the first time I opted not to install an outboard Audio Control EQ in the system.

WARNING: I lack industry backing

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.