TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - That's a generous offer but I'd imagine only you
People Seeking Info

Subject That's a generous offer but I'd imagine only you

Posted by bartz32tt on April 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 307 times.

In Reply To Assuming Kyle doesnt take my alternate proposal posted by Zsgetyoulaid on April 30, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Message would have authority to request such information from USPS.

My thoughts:
Kyle has made clear that all you needed to do was produce proof of his acceptance signature. Understandable - I would want tangible evidence before forking over $2800 of my own money too. Assuming this is correct: once USPS told you it's for "internal use only" I would've challenged that remark relentlessly. I would've explained what's on the line. I think they'd be perfectly willing to comply once you explain that you're seeking a refund and you have a lawyer involved. Furthermore, if USPS is not liable as they're claiming, then they should have no issue providing a document to substantiate that claim - which places liability on IPP. If USPS still fails to comply, seek additional guidance from your lawyer to address that specific issue - sounds like that is/was the only thing standing between you and your money.

I agree with Kyle that, as long as there is no proof of signature confirmation, USPS is liable to pay insurance for lost, stolen, or damaged items. I also agree with USPS that if the package was signed/accepted at the correct destination, then the receiving party is liable from then on for loss/theft/damages. With that in mind, USPS should have just as much ambition to prove someone signed/accepted the package as you do; otherwise, they're the responsible party.

Live and learn, might be too late since too much time has passed. Expensive mistakes are less likely to be repeated...

________________Sig Separator________________________

Parting out my entire 1990 twin turbo! Please email me for needed parts!
See profile for my WTB/WTT list as well.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.