TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Stock Compressor Map Reposted
People Seeking Info

Subject Stock Compressor Map Reposted

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on April 10, 2014 at 9:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 1129 times.

Message Since I lost a turbo I'm looking for the best upgrade path to 400hp on 93.

The key is selecting the right turbo. My goal can be accomplished on stock turbos but it seems like I'll need decent breather mods to get there. Plus being on a budget I probably won't be able to put the entire system together this year.

Another goal is not to take the engine out again for a long time so the decision on which turbo, manifold, and downpipes I select is likely for the life of this car.

I'm looking at what I believe is the stock compressor map below and I see that running PR=2 I'm nowhere near the peak efficiencies, hence the need for better intercooling to meet my goals. First off, is this really the right stock compressor map?

Second, going with a more efficient turbo couldn't I offset the necessity for the better expensive intercooler, and by being closer to the sweet spot provide longevity to my turbo as compared to stock? I know this question is still pretty subjective but I'm fishing for ideas and trying to come up to speed to turbo design and selection as quickly as possible.

OverZealous (CT)
My General posts (click)
My Technical posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.