TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Hey guys! Thanks for everythign really!
People Seeking Info

Subject Hey guys! Thanks for everythign really!

Posted by collegeboy on August 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  This message has been viewed 806 times.

In Reply To Figured it was only a matter of time... posted by BigTDogg (MA) on August 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Message I knew someone would post about this in the general forums eventually haha.

You all really are like a connected family of mine, and I'll always be a Z guy. It was and always will be my first car love.

I appreciate all of the kind words I've gotten honestly and am pretty surprised. Here, text messages, facebook messages, e-mail, etc, it's pretty cool, and thanks. It is however making this harder than I thought.

This is not easy for me, and I'll be the first one to say it sucks, but it is what it is. I'll be honest, if the car was actually TOGETHER, I'd never consider selling it too. It's my baby. But after it not driving for 6 years, and not even having time to work on it for 2 years, you really just loose that feeling. Combine that with the fact of my "bigger dreams", and here we are. Plus, I do not need two sports cars. One will do, and I'd prefer it be my dream car that I can now comfortably purchase.

To answer a couple questions that I've gotten from people in various ways...

-No, nothing bad has happened in my life. I'm actually doing better than ever.

-Yes, I will be at ZCON again. I'm truly looking forward to coming to ZCON in a year or two in my soon to be new toy. Ofcourse if you guys will let an ex-Z guy like me join :) Beers all around. It will be sad to not get to join the car show, however it will be fun to have all of you guys make fun of me for having another fast sports car that never sees a track!

-No, marriage is not causing this. I've got the coolest fiancé, and the few of you that have met her would agree with this. She is 100% ok with me having a hobby like civilian transferable machine guns and is ok with me buying a Ferrari...so trust me, she's cool with the Z. I don't deserve her, and this decision is completely up to me and has been tossing around in my head for the past couple months.

-I will possibly be buying another Z later. I really don't know though, and this time I won't do a single mod to it. It'd be nice to have a clean factory one. Isn't growing up weird? ;)

Now, for my advice for all the young guys out there. It's funny that I can say that now, but I did join this forum 11 years ago. Surely there's a couple of you younger than me now. "Ah yes, the memories of Bernie telling the waitress to get me a sippy cup at ZCON 04" :)

-Leave your car stock

-If you must modify your car, do stage 3 and be done with it.

-If you must go crazy like I did with mods. DO ONE MODIFICATION AT A TIME!!!!! Doing 50 of them at a time is ok when you have nothing else to do. All of a sudden though, life comes and you realize that you have no effing clue how to put the car back together lol.

Anyways, thank guys for everything. I'll be on this forum all the time like always lurking. Now start making me offers on my damn parts!

Thanks,
Mike
1991 Black 3.0 Twin Turbo

Please...if you are feeling like buying something from AMS,
please do not do so. The parts that Vuk at AMS sells are ALL
just cheap chinese copied crap parts that were originally
developed by people and friends within this close nit
community. Yes, the parts AMS sells are cheaper, but with
that comes lower quality. By buying parts from AMS, you will
be hurting this community, by causing the real innovators out
there to no longer want to develop parts for ours cars (SPL,
BDE, SZ, etc). This is not an assumption, but is a fact, as it
has already happened with several vendors. AMS does no
R&D on anything...just simply "copy and pastes" parts. AMS is
literally a virus and a scurge in the community, and every part
not bought through them, but bought through someone else
who actually develops parts instead is a great thing!

Hard Engine Break In Method

My Facebook Account

---Me: You bought a Porsche?
---sfpearl300z: lol, no no, I have a decent sized penis so no
need for
that.
"felt wierd fingering my exhuast for 1hr with no results :(" -
zboost
"I think I'll pass on giving my car a handjob" - joel(PA)
"I did plug the holes, But I did it by taping over them a lot, I
didnt think
that maybe HOT air is comming through
there, And it melted the tape, damnit im an ass." - DC 21

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.