TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I just recently installed all of the AC components back into
People Seeking Info

Subject I just recently installed all of the AC components back into

Posted by Ash's Z on February 14, 2013 at 7:20 AM
  This message has been viewed 208 times.

In Reply To For those who converted over to R134a from R12 systems.. posted by KongZTT GT28RS MD on February 13, 2013 at 07:54 AM

Message my Z about a month ago. THe system was originally an R12 system. I pulled the condenser and replaced all of the orings for the expansion valve and disassembled the throttle suction valve to make sure it was in good working order. I put everything together and charged the system and the AC works very well.

In my original Z back in 2000 when I repaired the AC system I could not get the system to cool. The low pressure return line was very cold but the evaporator core would not get cold at all. I ended up having to gut the TSV to get it to work properly but the problem in doing that is the core will freeze up in pretty short time and you'll get no airflow. EVen worse, when you put the system into economy mode to thaw out the core, it will dump so much water into the evap box that when making left or right turns a little agressively you will get a nice splash of cold water on your feet as the water volume just wont dump fast enough through the drain port.

I dont know why the TSV wouldn't work in my original Z but in my current Z it does work with R134. *shrug*

As for flushing, I have always used brake parts cleaner and compressed air. Works just fine.

Enthusiasts soon understand each other. --W. Irving.
Are you an enthusiast?

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the
tailor.
Albert Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.