TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - This is my story (long read)
People Seeking Info

Subject This is my story (long read)

Posted by Zvil (FL) on December 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM
  This message has been viewed 347 times.

In Reply To What was wrong the car before you gutted it? (n/m) posted by Bernie (NoVA) on December 10, 2012 at 02:58 PM

Message I was 16 when I first got my Z 1992 pearl white 5spd N/A (the stripped one in the pic).... when I was 18 I crashed it (that's another story if you're interested) so I get it fixed and "straighten" the chassis, the shop had to cut a portion of the frame on the passenger side of the windshield, they did an okay job but it wasn't perfect so I tried adjusting the passenger doorglass several times and it always leaked alot when it rains. (20) pulled into my GF's house at night (it was dark :P) I clipped a tall curb with my passenger rocker panel and did a halfway decent bondo rattle can patch/fix. Then I spun a rod bearing (21) so I swapped a JDM TT motor in and wasn't used to the new power then one day it was wet and the tail came out and slapped a wall and left a HUGE dent on the tail. so my options were to have it fixed, fix it, OR get a new shell clean title no accidents no rust and transfer over every single thing down to the quarter side glass complete wiring harness LOL. What you see in the picture is basically the way I received the new shell for $400 from a guy parting it out and he was about to scrap it so I saved it and scrapped mine instead. The one in the background is my current one made of: 1990 shell (which just so happened to be automatic señior Adam lol) 1995 JDM auto TT engine and 1992 everything else.

*disclaimer*: all that I say may be true or I may be completely wrong and I accept that.... please, it is your duty as another person on the internet to tell me (in-politely) how wrong I am :)

"The dreaded 2nd windshiled wiper swipe when you turn it off its almost like tis showing you that it's boss, and it doesn't have to stop when you tell it to :("-College Boy

This is what happens when you leave your Z parked outside too long:

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.