TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Whats going on TT.net! Long time no chat
People Seeking Info

Subject Whats going on TT.net! Long time no chat

Posted by johnnymass on December 02, 2012 at 8:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 207 times.

Message I was on here awhile back, was in the process of trading my Integra for a 5-Speed NA Coupe. The deal fell thru and I decided to keep and modify my teg a little more. I found the glory of boost through a supercharger and have been having a blast ever since. For those of you that think "oh lord, another dumb honda kid is going to ruin a beloved Z", stop and take a deep breathe. I dont desecrate cars. I dont stance them, camber the hell out of them, paint them funny colors, use purple hids. None of that. I just build well functioning, eye pleasing cars because thats what I love to do.

Fast forward four years and I am now about to graduate college and have a big boy job. So being the car enthusiast I am, my gift to myself will be a car. Not just any car, but a 300ZX!

The car I have my eyes on is a little rough around the edges to say the least but nothing that cant be fixed. Its a white coupe with black interior. The motor has been diagnosed with a blown headgasket from a failed water pump, the front bumper is cracked, side mirror is broken and worst of all, its an AUTO and NA. Other than the problems, the body is in straight, the paint isnt half bad, and the interior is halfway decent. Most of all, its all stock. HUGE bonus.

The game plan is to TT Swap, Manual Swap, upgrade downpipes, upgrade intercoolers, upgrade clutch etc. Ill be buying a front clip, motor intact hopefully.

Quick question, what tuning options do I have? I know their is a lot of talk of chipping ecus. I however am not too comfortable with that. Every motor is different, breaths differently, performs differently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this subject. Along with any other interesting tid bits of information

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.