TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I have also heard that, But Ive heard many more success
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I have also heard that, But Ive heard many more success

Posted by Tech@EPR on December 02, 2012 at 6:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 151 times.

In Reply To I have also heard that, But Ive heard many more success posted by white22sky on December 02, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Message Scat &Eagle are in fact the same forgings. Eagle does more profile machining on the big end. I suggest running Scats over Eagle for a few reasons. One being they are cheaper and still have the ARP rod bolts. The big end has a large radius on the sides/shoulder which makes it very robust. Bronze bushing on the pin bore is the same as Eagle as well. I like how Scat packages their rods as well with cosmoline in a sealed bag.

Rods that may come with the big end sized a little over or undersized isnt a huge deal. Very easy to fix.

Bearings I prefer only 3 manufacturers. Clevite, Sealed Power/Speed Pro, and King. Im not partial to OEM or ACL. OEM are too soft for my liking and ACL Ive experienced fatigue on several occasions. Clearances were set properly and the engine had no oiling or any form of issues at all. Selection on parts used is preference to others so some may like xyz parts for whatever personal view or because someone else runs them so they are confident in a selection. To each their own.

Ep Racing | Create Your Badge

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.