TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Some questions: PTU relocation, suspension, etc
People Seeking Info

Subject Some questions: PTU relocation, suspension, etc

Posted by Coldfusown on November 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 235 times.

Message I relocated my PTU using Z1's relocation kit(had to modify to even work) to my DS headlight bucket. The area in which I bolted it to has has some fiberglass or bondo work of some sort done prior to my purchasing the car. I understand the PTU needs to ground(originally on the block) so would this be an issue or cause any performance issues? Could I run a ground wire to the frame perhaps if so?

In regards to choosing suspension sport/touring. How long does it take to switch between them? Immediate? Which do you use most?

Maybe it's my imagination, but my Z seems to run smoother with a full tank of gas...would something be amiss that would cause this? Has new filter, injectors, hoses, etc. I did remove the carbon/evap canister and left the hose open in the engine bay...should I modify this differently?

One of my turbos is noisy under high boost, is it possible for it to completely seize/come apart and result in engine damage? I will be replacing them this winter after income tax.

Do you guys with leather interiors treat it with a specific product? How often?

I wish to make my car quieter as I currently have a Stillen exhaust system with no cats. Could I remove the resonators or whatever their called in the midsection and replace them with cats ad would this quiet down my car? I want to avoid precats in the downpipes.

I think that is all and thank you for any assistance!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.