TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New style injector failure starts at 86K
People Seeking Info

Subject New style injector failure starts at 86K

Posted by Zarcasm(Hfd, CT) on September 25, 2010 at 4:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 409 times.

In Reply To It has nothing to do with blind faith on my end. posted by ZLover4Life on September 23, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Message I have new style injectors and my first one failed at 86K hence my passion for this issue.

You say in your years on this forum you've never heard of chronic injector failure of the new style injector. It's true that the issue isn't as prevalent with the new style injectors but the new style Z injector failure is still much more common than almost any other car injectors.

JWT's explanation that the cause is ethanol and all others who blindly follow this belief, without plausible explnantion IMHO, do not constitute expert opinion. My conviction is mostly based on talking at length to Gordon at Whichhunter. He sees hundreds of different cars' injectors, including Z injectors, every week.

When it comes to injectors whose explanation would you trust, the collective opinion (driven by a few Z car experts) of our beloved Z forum or the explanation of guys who make a living maintaining and repairing ALL kinds of injectors?

I asked Gordon explicitly if there's a benefit of the new vs. old style Z injectors. He said they were "BOTH crap" compared to just about every other injector he services. To quantify how bad the Z injectors are I set up a very basic poll --regardless of new or old style, or anything else. The poll doesn't in any way explain why the problem exists just that it's significant.

Greg states he's never seen a NISMO style injector fail, period. Since this expert says NISMO is infallible despite being subjected to ethanol, positive voltage, moisture, and every other Z conditions, and the poll shows there's a 73% chance of failure of ALL other injectors regardless of style, age, etc., doesn't this prove there's something wrong with the non-NISMO injector design?? That's all I'm saying.

Zarcasm(Hfd, CT)
view My Technical posts (click here)
view My General posts (click here)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.