TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It has nothing to do with blind faith on my end.
People Seeking Info

Subject It has nothing to do with blind faith on my end.

Posted by ZLover4Life on September 23, 2010 at 11:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 335 times.

In Reply To Suit yourself posted by Zarcasm(Hfd, CT) on September 23, 2010 at 09:52 PM

Message Swapping to the new style Nismo injectors is a proven solution. "I have NEVER seen a Nismo new style injector fail, period." - Greg Dupree

In my years on this forum, I have never heard of anyone having chronic injector failure with new style injectors, either.

And how daft can you really be? Read this, posted by DVDBURN in response to something you said.

"And sure there's been injectors replaced on Zs that lasted 200K miles but 190K (just saying) of those were put on those 20 year old cars before ethanol additives came out."

And then there's Jim Wolf Technology: "Two issues appear to contribute to the failure: wire coating deteriorates in the presence of oxidizing additives in the fuel, and the use of a constant 12V+ circuit..."

Everyone in the world, except you, acknowledges that ethanol is the cause of old-style injector failure. You say "but my engineering judgement says those reasons don't make sense," but then I clearly have to question your "engineering judgment" (or complete lack thereof). For f*ck's sake, did you even read DVDBURN's injector writeup thoroughly? Here it is again, for you.

"The main culprit that is causing the injectors to fail is the breakdown in the connection of the wires from the solenoid to where they connect to the electrical post. This breakdown is because of corrosion at these contacts. The cause of the corrosion is because there has been a breakdown in the epoxy which holds the spring guide due to ethanol in the fuel. It is also possible that the ethanol has increased the chance of leakage of fuel past both the O-ring of the spring guide and the O-rings which insulate the electrical post.

The only thing to do is to replace all of the injectors with new style injectors or to replace the old style injector with a know good one. Of course in time the later mentioned fix will only result in what you see above."

I can't help but say "duh" and wonder why you're still trying to argue with me.

You seem to be the one relying on blind faith here - you have NOTHING to support your stance, and ALL of the evidence and expert testimony is against you.

"When you say this, will you be surprised if your arguments seem to move about instead of staying put? And will you accuse me of being Daedalus who makes them move, though you are yourself much more skillful than Daedalus and make them go around in a circle? Or do you not realize that our argument has moved around and come again to the same place? [...] Or do you not remember?" - Socrates

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.