TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Wrong. You can't see the forest through the trees
People Seeking Info

Subject Wrong. You can't see the forest through the trees

Posted by Zarcasm(Hfd, CT) on September 22, 2010 at 10:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 310 times.

In Reply To That's a pretty useless poll. posted by ZLover4Life on September 21, 2010 at 09:31 PM

Message You're right there's a huge difference between 101K and 199K. You're right that by asking when the first injector failed I'm missing the annual failures on your replacement 555s but that's not the point. Consider most daily driver cars don't have ANY failures with injectors before 200K.

The point of the poll is to indicate how likely it is that the Z will have injector failure period. It says you have a 73% chance having an injector failure (before 200K). That's piss poor compared to most other cars. I love my Z but at 73% failure rate of only one component it's not a reliable car. And it doesn't have anything to do with ethanol, positive voltage on wiring harnesses, tire pressure, or windshield washer fluid. Believe whatever you want but DVDBURN has proven fairly conclusively in the linked threads that the issue is a poor design.

This poll is just an indicator of how bad the current design really is and 28 peoples' experience shows that more than any single blow hard.

Zarcasm(Hfd, CT)
view My Technical posts (click here)
view My General posts (click here)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.