TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - What light through yonder manifold breaks?
People Seeking Info

Subject What light through yonder manifold breaks?

Posted by SilverTwin(OH) on July 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 1849 times.

Message Was just reading this post on another forum, surprised it hasn't made its way here yet.

**disclaimer: The 'Silver Z' reference is not me, my only knowledge of said situation is the post quoted below.

[ http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=178861 ]

For those that aren't or don't want to register there, here's the post details:

[QUOTE=tt300zxFREAK]

Well I recently overhauled the Z. I bought a set of AMS exhaust manifolds, 3inch 5-bolt downpipes, and 3"-2.5" testpipes. Everything was ordered through the 300zxclub store. Shipping was super fast, and I was very happy with 3ZC. The first problem I encountered was the fitment of the passenger side downpipe. The picture makes it look much better than it was. The center section of the dowpipe was hitting the exhaust housing of the turbo. I have brand new Z1675 turbo's. I had to remove it and take a stone to it for a while before it would fit correctly. I was able to fix it, but I was not happy!

Silver Z and I got the motor back together, and we heard an exhaust leak. It sounded like it was coming from the front runner on the manifold. We didn't know what to thing, since we put everything together properly. Silver Z pulled the manifold and it was really clean, along with the gasket. I kick myself for not going over the whole thing with a light prior to install. He started looking around and found the whole. Sorry for the cellphone pictures.

That whole is right in the well for a heat shield bolt/screw. I'm assuming when they were drilled/tapped, they went to far. Don't you inspect your products? Has anyone else had these issues? I'm not happy. [/QUOTE]

'91 TT
Stage ??

ZROC -The Z and Roadster Club of Ohio

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.