TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - less than 10K is unacceptable... and that's my point.
People Seeking Info

Subject less than 10K is unacceptable... and that's my point.

Posted by Zarcasm(Hfd, CT) on June 24, 2010 at 10:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 320 times.

In Reply To Indeed. I just did a faulty injector upgrade on a 90TT with posted by Guapo on June 24, 2010 at 05:38 PM

Message My 93+ injectors are the new "less prone" style and they started going bad at 86K. That's also unacceptable.

I've read all the posts about positive voltage and ethanol being part of the cause but my engineering judgement says those reasons don't make sense. Hondas, Toyotas, Subarus, etc. have had the same exposure without 10K injector troubles. The only plausible reason I've read to date came from DVDBURN(MD).

My conclusion from reading this is that our injectors are failing as a result of manufacturing or material flaws --not the amount of usage they get, voltage, or gas they're subjected to. That's why Guapo's injectors are going after only 10K.

Why would the Jecs injectors for Nissan have this problem whereas Jecs injectors not for Subaru? That I don't know but just because the name Jecs is on it doesn't mean it's a consistent quality across all product lines. Consistent quality in big companies is a tough, tough problem to manage. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the injectors have been outsourced to the far ends of the earth to save costs as in the example at my company. In this global economy it's really hard to know what quality you're getting even on things you've grown to trust for years.

And right now I trust Gordon and his Subaru injector recommendation... if only I could re-tune my ECU to handle the slightly different operating characteristics.

Zarcasm(Hfd, CT)
view My Technical posts (click here)
view My General posts (click here)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.