TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Z1 has gotten better... and as for Mitch...
People Seeking Info

Subject Z1 has gotten better... and as for Mitch...

Posted by TURBOGAGE(MATTZ Garage) on August 31, 2009 at 1:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 258 times.

In Reply To Current quality of Z1 turbo kits? posted by fldc on August 28, 2009 at 01:37 PM

Message for the last 5 years, i have installed the 525 kits, 600r kits, the 675 kits and until recently (the last 10 months) i have had to reclock and/or modify wastegate brackets of every kit do to interference issues of motor mounts, exhaust manifolds, steering nuckles, oil filter tree, etc.... but, like i had mentioned, lately, the kits have gotten A LOT better. fitment is much more on par with a bolt-on setup... and you can build your own kit for hundreds less, but time is money and well we all know Z1 is in it to make money as we all are when we build things for people.

As for Mitch... i too had an interaction with with (about 4years ago) AMZ where i did not get all of my goodies, but mitch did take care of it. and at that time i decided i would not order through him anymore... but now, mitch is not the owner of AMZ and is trying desperately to make things right and is working very hard for the community with new processes and products. DON'T let his past business affairs affect how he is trying to help with engine building.
Hell, Z1 bent us all over just recently with their abuse of this forum, but we sure seem to have forgotten about that.

mitch is blunt, but very typically on point (and trying to help keep people on the right track), but a lot people quickly jump to his past to bash him because they can't answer or argue his points. in this case, Z1's kits are good now, but in their past, they SUCKED... so lets try to stay on topic and if you have a beef with mitch, email him and leave it off the forum. The man is trying help and with everyone attacking him, it's no wonder why he's a bit defensive.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Best run: 1.60 60', 11.319 @ 120.65 mph - 118 octane fuel (on 100 octane tune), 22 degrees of timing, 21-22 psi boost, 11 psi tire pressure (street slicks).
"..know your car better... RACE IT!.. AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.."
"Drag racing is for fast cars... Autocross is for fast drivers... Drifting is for cheap tires..." I made up the last one..

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.