TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Zama storage facility & Autech HQ visit
People Seeking Info

Subject Zama storage facility & Autech HQ visit

Posted by rojoloco (Yokosuka, Japan) on November 07, 2007 at 10:28 AM
  This message has been viewed 243726 times.

Message Today was yet another awesome day! We left early for the Zama vehicle storage facility. It is off limits and restricted. Most people don't even know it exists. It's a shame too. So many nice cars in there. Okay, nice is the understatement of the year.

How about a street legal R390 GT1? It is the only one in existence and is currently up for sale. Any takers? It's only roughly 1 million dollars. I can't believe I got to sit in the only one ever made!!!

Anybody happen to notice the NISMO 740cc injectors?

Let's not forget about this beauty! A Nissan Mid4. This is the only one in existence. According to Bernie, it was the test mule for the VG as well as the all wheel drive system that the GT-R has. If you notice, the timing belt covers are the metal casts that the Z32 covers were made from later on.

Look familiar? According to Bernie, this was an S14 that was outfitted to see what the possible direction was going to be for the Z car after the Z32. This is the only one in existence as well.

This car carried the Olympic torch. See the rack in the back? That was where it sat.

This was a 4 door GT-R. It was more than a simple RB26 transplant. The GT-R has rear fender flares as well as fronts. The front is easy to duplicate. It is the rear fender flares that are not. This one was a special one made by Autech. It is the only true factory 4 door GT-R I have ever seen.

This is the very first Z33 ever produced. The chassis number on it is Z33-000001. It isn't ever supposed to exist right now. It should have been destroyed long ago.

After a long day, we went to Autech HQ. We met the President of Autech as well as the other top dogs. They gave us a brief on the NISMO 350Z (aka 380Z) and then we all went out to eat dinner. I felt like dinner was a challenge because the food just kept coming! Such a great night. Lots of laughs.

-----------------------------------------------------
Never Play Leapfrog With A Unicorn!!!

The unicorn gets its revenge... - Scotts94z32 on September 19, 2006 at 11:12 AM

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.