TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Here's a part of your answer.....
People Seeking Info

Subject Here's a part of your answer.....

Posted by Oppaman Z on September 22, 2005 at 7:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 376 times.

In Reply To Advan wheel offset question... posted by MidLifeZ on September 22, 2005 at 06:15 PM

Message MARKETER: Yokohama
WHEEL: AVS
MODEL: SV-5

The rear offset is fine with the current width but the front offset will require some spacers...... In fact, 18" x 8.5" need and offset of +45mm to fit proprely.

Z-Roc@Houston aka: Tony Montoya mentionned in his classified ad lately that 18" x 8.5" need a wheel spacer but I'm pretty sure his wrong. the explations is coming....lol

Also, BlitZ95TT (Z32TT.COM) aka: Evan Blittner use the same front size and width on his Z but with an offset of +32mm. The wheels are currently mounted on his car and he use wheel spacers with 60mm studs.

+45mm offset and +32mm offset will require both wheel spacers.....It make no sense IMHO. I give credit to Evan on this.

Keep in mind that the front offset on the SMZ car was +38mm but the measurement was 17" x 9". Forget the wheel size and focus on the width just a minute.

If the rim width is less than 9" in the front then you will need to increase your offset to clear the caliper from my knowledge......isn't it!!!

What that's exactly mean....you need more than +38mm offset.

I'm giving you the above infos just out of my poor mind but I know the answer for sure.

I can send you a chart (file) per request with all offset available for these wheels and pics as well. I have most of these infos at work.

Hope this helps!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.