TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I have dynoed my car at every stage and no difference...
People Seeking Info

Subject I have dynoed my car at every stage and no difference...

Posted by Goose93 on November 22, 2003 at 5:46 PM
  This message has been viewed 255 times.

In Reply To ? 300 hp 1996 Turbo posted by fredal on November 22, 2003 at 04:46 PM

Message Welcome to the very elite club of 96 owners.

I dynoed my car at every stage of upgrade and my numbers have been spot on with the averages of the other years. teh OBDII computer has no effect on the output of the motor but can make tuning a little more tricky. Now that JWT has produced an ECU for teh 96 there is very little we can't mod like the other years.

The 280 rumor is very strong but inaccurate. The 96 still has the normal turbos just no Variable cams. This is not a bad thing sice those littel VTC springs have a tendancy to go bad over time. Also it was mentioned that the 96 cam is a little more aggressive than 90-95 although I don't know if this is proven. Will less than 600 cars like ours ever produced accurate info can be hard to find.

Our Dyno curves also seem to be a little smother than the previous years.

The only upgrade that is truely different are the mid pipes. the OBDII ECU likes to see a difference between the front and rear O2 sensors so you will probably need atleast a high flow cat in the system.

Also don't bother looking over seas for 96 and newer items either we were special made for the US.

Goose 93
96TT Stage VII+

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.