TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Everything needed for auto to manual trans conversion....
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Everything needed for auto to manual trans conversion....

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on June 02, 2018 at 9:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 179 times.

Screen Name:Gordo NA2LS Daytona
Phone:6463697835
E-mail:gordopost [x] yahoo.com
Research Gordo NA2LS Daytona's post history

Message In 4-6 weeks I'll be starting the LS6/T56 swap. I'll be pulling the 200k mile NA motor. trans, and the rest of the OEM NA driveline as far back as the [stripped down] 4.08 rear axle but not the subframe.

I'm basically offering anyone here first crack at these parts. I'm more interested in finding the good parts a new home; then conveniently disposing of the rest. What I don't sell, I'll give away. I'm not going to box and mail anything other than the smaller parts like a POP charger or MAF. All the larger parts must be picked up unless otherwise noted below:

IMO The most valuable parts are those which could be packaged together for a comprehensive auto to MT conversion. The trans has a cold start third gear whine, but once warmed up, it runs smoothly. There is no synchro grind... even with nearly 200K miles on the box! Its got a relatively newer flywheel, and clutch (15-20k miles estimate), clutch pedal, master and slave cylinders and piping; the old 2 pc MT driveshaft with a brand new CSB, etc. Basically, everything you need except the gear shift linkage assembly. I think a fair price is $400 for everything, but as noted above... it must be picked up in Daytona Beach.

I don't think the motor is worth anything, although it runs smoothly and has good power. Did not check compression. If someone wants the motor; its free to pickup in Daytona Beach FL. Frankly I think the cost of shipping is going to be more than even a good running 200K VG30DE motor is worth. But its here for the asking.

Again like the trans, I really don't want to hassle with the shipping the motor; but we can make arrangements to pallet either or both; and ship it on your dime. Pick up will be at a commercial shop with a forklift.

Also in addition to the above package, I'll be getting rid of:

a new radiator and repaired fan shroud - est. value $100
brand new POP charger w/ MAF- 300 miles. est value $100
96 specific OEM exhaust system
misc. like engine harness, etc.

If you want everything: $600 and we'll put it on two (2) pallets for your shipper. Figure the engine 600 pounds minimum; and another 300-350 pounds for the trans and everything else. $550 if you pick it up.

So if you're able to get a truck or trailer down to Daytona Beach sometime mid July; you can get a great deal on an Auto / MT conversion package; and you can basically have whats left of the parts gratis. I'll leave this ad up for a couple of weeks before going public on Craigslist.

Email me at: gordopost@yahoo.com

Follow Ups
  • Everything needed for auto to manual trans conversion.... - Gordo NA2LS Daytona 21:48:13 06/02/18