TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Z1 V2 Throttle bodies machined by ROB'z- 61mm
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Z1 V2 Throttle bodies machined by ROB'z- 61mm

Posted by Jkova300z on December 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 1114 times.

Screen Name:Jkova300z
Phone:215-262-7195
E-mail:Jkova1@hotmail.com
Research Jkova300z's post history

Message Selling a set of the V2 Black Z1 Throttle bodies, which were 58mm. I sent them to Rob's (Rob's machining service). He bored these to 61mm and put in new plates with correct factory plate angles. Throttle shafts were also machined to be thinner.
Pics of mine for sale
These were custom done in order to have the most flow and function the best mechanically. I fitted these up and test ran the car with them for around 50 miles and from what I could tell they functioned beautifully mechanically. I have the oem end nuts included which I filed down to fit perfect with the stock throttle shaft linkage.

One issue with these: I found that the one passenger side out shaft seal leaks when under pressure. I tested it to ~10psi on the car (don't want to go past this when boost leak testing). With soapy water I noticed a small leak. Solution:
I fitted a rubber O-ring up against that shaft seal, which is then held in place by they oem stopper plate that gets fitted on. The seal did not leak after this at the tested 10psi, and as far as I could tell functioned fine. It did not leak at rest or under open and closing of the plates. Testing for leaks was done with soap water to detect leakage.

Replacement throttle spring shims are provided, and I also Have a pair of brand new Tb gaskets for these as well.
Here is how my cost for these was broken down:
New from Z1: $350 + machining by rob: $180 = $530 total.

I'm asking $275 shipped. Shoot me an email on more details.

Follow Ups
  • Z1 V2 Throttle bodies machined by ROB'z- 61mm - Jkova300z 20:35:47 12/18/13