TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1995 300zx Vert - 54K miles, 5sp, Pearl White + black
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: 1995 300zx Vert - 54K miles, 5sp, Pearl White + black

Posted by gregtay on May 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 678 times.

Screen Name:gregtay
Phone:425-246-1888
E-mail:greg<att>gregtay.com
Research gregtay's post history

Message 1995 300zx Convertible - 54K miles - Pearl White + black leather + 5 speed. Completely stock and unmolested except for 350Z 18" wheels (with new tires), JDM tails, HID kit of the lights and an aftermarket CD player. Everything else is how she came from the factory.

The car is in excellent condition and the paint is near perfect. Still smells new inside and drives perfect. Top is in great condition. Everything works as expected. Car has aways been garaged and owned by people who love cars and Z's. Original owner was an older guy in Texas who never drove it.. mainly sat in his garage till his wife made him sell it. Then a Z enthusist in Dallas picked it up and had it for a few years before selling it to me and my wife back in 2006 with 29K on the clock. We drove it back to Seattle and the car has lived up here since. A few years ago i sold it to a friend but eventually i purchased it back.

Very hard decision to sell my Vert (second time i've owned this car) but I have been looking for a TT for 7 years now and I finally found one I want and my wife was all for it as long as i sell the vert. The TT is on a truck headed to me so the Vert needs a new home. This is a car for someone looking for a clean Vert that hasn't been modded or molested.

Full disclosure on the "not perfect" stuff (and the car really is perfect other than these things...

1) many years ago i tried painting the brake calipers red. Clearly i did a bad job as the paint is peeling and they need repainted.

2) Interior looks amazing, seats are in excellent condition but the drivers bolster does have a little wear on it.

3) a few years ago the nissan dealership messed up on a battery install and spilled some battery acid around the battery tray. We neutralized it but never painted that area as I was hoping to do a TT swap and figured i would do with the motor out.

4) Front and rear bumpers look really good... but the pearl paint is just barely off. This seems to be "normal" for pearl white cars (my new TT has the same problem.) In addition the paint on the bumpers has some hairline cracks if you looks up close... I believe this was from too much heat during a polish. Also, there is one spot (about the size of a quarter) on the front bumper where one layer (the three layers for pearl) is worn off. I was told the car slowly rolled into a tree stump (the car "leaned" against it causing the blemish.) Paint is completely smooth in this spot... it's just a different color white. I was waiting to see if I was going to TT the car before repainting/replacing the bumper.

Recent work/new parts in the last year:
1) new tires (about 1k on them)
2) some rubber seals on the convertible top
3) new third brake light lens (original one has faded to red.)
4) new battery
5) new shift boot

Let me know if you have any questions or want a photo of anything.

(if you don't want the wheels because you are going to use something else then I will "buy them back" from you for $500... either show up with your own wheels or take the car with mine on them and them give them back once you get your new wheels installed.)

$10,500, make an offer... I need room in the garage for the SMZ.

Follow Ups