TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Highly Modded 91 NA->TT Swap for sale-$7k (Basking Ridge NJ)
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Highly Modded 91 NA->TT Swap for sale-$7k (Basking Ridge NJ)

Posted by lleron on April 15, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  This message has been viewed 880 times.

Screen Name:lleron
Phone:732 - 763 - xxxx
E-mail:jnorell87@gmail.com
Research lleron's post history

Message I’m looking for $7k for my highly modded N/A->TT swap. . I have recently purchased an S2000 and have lowered my price significantly for a relatively quick sale (I would like to get the s2k paid off as quickly as possible).

CAR IS LOCATED IN BASKING RIDGE NJ, 07920. NOT INTERESTED IN TRADES. Also, please don’t waste either of our time by lowballing me before you even look at the car. (As you can see, I have well over $10k in parts alone installed on the car, not including the cost of the car and motor. I just don't have the time or ability to part it out right now.) My dad will be around most days to show the car for those interested. If you have questions or want to look at the car email me at jnorell87ATgmailDOTcom or call my cell at (7three2) – 7six3-3five3eight. (Keep in mind I’m on west coast time).

Please read the ad thoroughly before asking me questions.

The story:

This really pains me to do, but right now this car just does not make sense in my life so I’m listing it for sale. I recently moved to California and was planning on making this car my DD out here. However, things change and I ended up having to move without having a garage or place to park it, so the car stayed in NJ. I spent countless hours and $$$ right before moving trying to make the car as reliable as possible while still having quite a bit of power. Most major mods have less than 200 miles, as I had to move for work right after installing them. The chassis currently has ~177k on it but almost all wear items have been replaced. I’m guesstimating that the motor has ~70-80k miles (and the compression test shows good). The car currently sits under a cover at my dad’s house in Basking Ridge NJ (with the battery out on a tender but will start up and run just fine).

As you can see, there is a lot of time and money spent on this car to make it reliable using quality parts. It is not 100% right now, as I needed to leave for California before I got to sort through all the details so please read thoroughly. However, if someone knows what they’re doing with less than a day’s worth of work and a good tune this is easily a reliable 350-400whp with super quick spool-up due to the A/T turbos. With that said, please read the ad THOROUGHLY before asking me questions. I’m sure there are also many things I’m forgetting as there is so much done to the car.

Work done within last 200 miles:
Motor

-All coolant hoses replaced with z1 silicone hoses (TB bypass, turbo coolant hoses, heater core, PCV hoses, water pipe hoses)
-120k kit using all Nissan OEM parts (Timing belt, water pump, all front oil seals, lower timing gear, VTC springs, plugs). Coolant fan also replaced (old one had characteristic hairline cracks). New style PTU installed and relocated behind front bumper.
-Low pressure power steering hoses replaced (J-hose replaced within the last year)
-300 Degree rail and 850CC SARD injectors installed (flow tested before install and flow within 3% of each other). Fuel filter and all fuel hoses in the bay were replaced at the same time.
-SZ base EPROM (dual intake/850cc/91oct)
-MT intake cams/older style VTC gears installed (was originally an auto motor)
-Ash-spec 2.5” intercooler piping and Ash-spec massive intercoolers installed
-Bored 53mm (I believe) throttle bodies and plenum – plenum was cleaned at machine shop before re-installation
-Throttle bodies/plenum/water hoses polished by hand
-Selin duel MAF translator/dual JWT intakes (This may be swapped back to a single intake if the car does not sell soon).
-Carbon canister/AIVs deleted. EGR is currently still on car as I planned on having to pass Cali emissions.

Body
-Brand new front TT radiator support installed/welded in (old was N/A version and bent from stupid owners jacking up from the support)
-Car repainted Lexus starfire pearl (doors/hatch/glass removed for respray. All jams painted). The engine bay is still the original white pearl. Roof and mirror bases are painted black. I also just refinished the cowls over Christmas.
-Rear wiper and antenna shaved/fenders rolled
-Almost all exterior trim replaced with brand new trim (windshield/t-top/rear glass/side lower window trim) –Almost $800 worth of replacement trim alone.
-JDM tail lights and new 3rd brake light installed
-Full 2-way viper alarm installed in place of factory alarm (uses factory sensors + additional shock sensor & proximity sensor). I also added a driver’s side door actuator, so the full power locks work using the remote as well.
-1990 nose panel (badgeless) installed
-Carbon fiber fog light ducts added
-Nippleless JDM headlights with retrofit Lexus rx330 projectors and HID kit (MUCH better output than stock while still keeping stock appearance)

Drivetrain/Suspension
-Q45 rear diff installed and oil replaced (has the same longer gears at the TT while fitting the N/A chassis). Used TT speed sensor from Bernie installed. Urethane diff mounts installed.

Older mods:

Motor/Drivetrain

-Previous owner swapped in a JDM A/T TT motor using the front full front clip (I learned that the motor was a 94+ motor as it had the newer style intake cam gears before I swapped to M/T cams). Turbos were rebuilt when motor was swapped in. Harness was also replaced (so all connectors are good). This was all done ~20k miles ago.
-A/C WORKS. I added the A/C lines/replaced TSV/replaced the compressor with a used on/converted to R134a about a year ago. Was a huge pain in the ass, but now has working A/C, which most TT swaps will not…
-Generic downpipes/Borla exhaust
-Main factory cats currently on to pass smog (passed NJ smog at state-run station just fine)
-Koyo radiator/Silicone radiator hoses/Z1 hard lower coolant pipe
-Aluminum drive shaft
-I believe there is a 6-puck sprung clutch installed (I have never dropped the tranny so cannot say for sure, although it’s definitely an aggressive clutch installed)
-Z-speed shifter brace/z1 roller bearing short shifter/Nismo transmission mount

Interior
-Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controller
-Prosport Boost/Oil Pressure/Coolant Temp gages in 300 degree dash pod
-ALL speakers replaced with Polk Momo Carbon speakers running off of Polk momo C400.4 amplifier under passenger’s seat
-Higher end Eclipse head unit
-Dynamat added to many interior panels/doors
-All leather replaced/faux suede replaced all tweed on interior (some slight fading from sun).
-New arm rest cover/e-brake/shift boot. Leather arm-rests also added to doors.
-All interior gage lighting replaced with orange LEDs.

Suspension
-Tein HA coilovers (damping adjustable)
-G35 wheels/Nitto NT555s on all corners (235s in front, 255s in back)
-Powertrix rear camber arms
-SPL adjustable front tension rods
-Adjustable front upper arms
-Subframe spacers

Brakes
-Z1 2-piece rotor big brake kit in front
-Hawk HPS pads/stainless lines all around
-BMC brace

THE BAD (I am super meticulous and want to be as thorough as possible. Please do not get scared by me being honest, as the car generally runs just fine):
-I cracked the Radiator shroud trying to wedge it in between the obnoxiously sized intercooler pipes. There is a strip of metal/screws holding it together now, so it shouldn’t pose any problems besides being cosmetic.
-Idle is a bit rough/jumpy as I am currently using an off-the-shelf SZ chip. I would get the car tuned to get it running 100%, as the 850s are known to finicky and something better than an off-the-shelf tune is needed. I have checked/replaced the IACV so it’s not that.
-Three times since installing all the parts, the car has started up “funny” (for a lack of a better word) when cold. The idle jumps around ~1000-2000rpm and it doesn’t seem to have any power. The car seems to be running really rich when this happens. It is not repeatable, and upon shutting off the car and turning it back on it runs just fine. I think it may be the Selin MAF, as I was troubleshooting and disconnected the MAF connector and it acted very similar. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to investigate this further before moving.
-While it looks good, the paint is not perfect. It was resprayed (poorly) by a previous owner. A majority of the old paint was sanded off when the car was resprayed, but you can still see that the car was resprayed near some of the trim (you can see where the previous owner did not remove the trim before repainting. There’s kind of an edge where the two layers of paint turns into one). It’s not bad at all, but I’m picky and want to be thorough. The front bumper was also repaired from me hitting something on the highway prior to the repaint (nothing else was damaged). You can’t tell unless you get under the car.
-The transmission is the original transmission and has almost 180k on it. There is some “slop” in the gears when you let on/off the gas. Changing the pilot bushing/throwout bearing probably wouldn’t hurt either as they make some slight noise in reverse occasionally.

I now have videos of the car on youtube. These were taken over Christmas time:
http://www.youtube.com/user/jnorell87

MORE PHOTOS IN THIS ALBUM:
http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/lleron/91%20300zx%20TT/

Follow Ups
  • Highly Modded 91 NA->TT Swap for sale-$7k (Basking Ridge NJ) - lleron 12:37:12 04/15/13