TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Brembo SRT-8 / Akebono 14" BBK Caliper Adapter Brackets $200
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Brembo SRT-8 / Akebono 14" BBK Caliper Adapter Brackets $200

Posted by petadakilla on August 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 1467 times.

Screen Name:petadakilla
Phone:781-864-1226
E-mail:petadakilla@yahoo.com
Research petadakilla's post history

Message Hey guys,

I have a set of extra brackets for sale, these are exact duplicates of the ones on my Z and the handful of other Z members running this SRT8/Akebono BBK.

The additional parts you will need to source to complete the kit are as follows:
-SRT 8 front Brembo calipers + pads (charger, challenger, 300c, jeep, frequently found on eBay for $200-$300 a pair! Or “centric parts” also sells them individually)

-Akebono 14.25" rotors (got mine drilled and slotted from Z1 for $99 a piece or you can get them blank from AutoZone for the 370z Nismo edition at $48 a piece)

-Stoptech SS FRONT brake lines for any SRT8 car, part# 950.63004 (many sellers online have them for $85)

-18" or larger wheels are a must. 17" wheels will NOT fit.

The complete kit will cost ~$500-700 tops depending on what you source the calipers for…Hundreds less than the traditional 370z/G37 Akebono kit and thousands less than ones by other BBK manufacturers!

As for the conversion I have had ZERO problems, nothing but compliments, super easy install and amazing braking performance at an amazing price. Plus you can always sell your OEM Z32 calipers on eBay for ~$200 to someone with a 240 as it’s a popular conversion for that crowd. Another beauty about this kit is that replacement pads and rotors will always be accessible and economical to source as they are factory parts. This kit will also work on R32 skylines as I have sent a few brackets in the past to Canada for those folks to enjoy.

Here is the progress link to 3ZC showing when I had the idea, my first install, and reviews from other members who installed the kit:
[ http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=187174 ]

Price for brackets is $200 Shipped in continental US

Call, text, email, find me on facebook, whatever is more convenient as I have no problem answering any questions you may have and/or having some Z talk =)

Peter Kopoulos
781-864-1226
petadakilla@yahoo.com

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow Ups
  • Brembo SRT-8 / Akebono 14" BBK Caliper Adapter Brackets $200 - petadakilla 16:29:13 08/29/12