TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - SZ split downpipes 2.5" coated NEW!
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: SZ split downpipes 2.5" coated NEW!

Posted by MOTRSPRT--ID on May 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  This message has been viewed 566 times.

Screen Name:MOTRSPRT--ID
Phone:(208)888-4372
E-mail:motrsprt@cableone.net
Research MOTRSPRT--ID's post history

Message I am selling my Specialty Z 5-bolt split downpipes which I purchased new in 2005 as part of the package of parts to install on my engine that I was rebuilding. As time went on, it became apparent that 2.5" was too small so I upgraded to the expansion downpipes in 3".
These particular pipes have been coated with a special coating used by the local military base to coat the turbo housings on the Cat engines which were returning from Iraq for rebuilding. I do not have a brand name or know the ingredients except that titanium was used IIRC. Before getting them coated I had an additional O2 bung welded in place so that I could monitor my A/F ratios while keeping the factory O2 sensors in place.
I am selling these pipes as better than new due to the coating and additional O2 sensor being installed. They have never seen any exhaust, never been mounted to any turbo's, nor have the flanges been torqued. They have remained enclosed in a box for 6.5 years as I just recently bought the 3" expansion dp's (my engine is still out of the car...).
These are currently on ebay at this link with a starting bid of $220:

SZ split DP's

Follow Ups
  • SZ split downpipes 2.5" coated NEW! - MOTRSPRT--ID 09:48:31 05/28/12