TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - McMaster hatch struts and ball sockets, like new
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: McMaster hatch struts and ball sockets, like new

Posted by beanz on April 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 632 times.

Screen Name:beanz
Phone:408-623-0419
E-mail:davidoff@qedmf.net
Research beanz's post history

Message A long time ago (2007) in a strange land (New Jersey) I purchased the items specified in the following tech doc in order to replace the hatch struts in my then newly acquired TT:

La-Z-Link

I installed the struts once and found that they were opening my hatch what I deemed to be too far - so far that the washer fluid nipple was being squished between the hatch and the roof - so I pulled them out, put the stock ones back in, and the replacements have been sitting in a closet ever since. Why these did not work for me I do not know, but perhaps they will work for you.

From the original kit I bought I still have:

4x 9416K87 (ball sockets)
2x 9416K21 (struts)

To be very specific, the receipt shows the struts as part number 9416K384, but says in the description field:

Gas Spring with Threaded Ends 125 Force, 26.38" Extended Length, 10.24" Stroke (Same as 9416K21)

Though they must be around here somewhere, it seems as though I no longer have the ball studs and safety clips.

The struts new are $18.59ea + shipping
The ball sockets new are $2.54ea + shipping

You can have it all for $30 shipped. Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of history.

Andy

Follow Ups
  • McMaster hatch struts and ball sockets, like new - beanz 22:07:55 04/27/12