TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - For Sale: 1990 Twin Turbo, Low mile, $40k+invested
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: For Sale: 1990 Twin Turbo, Low mile, $40k+invested

Posted by keepupp on September 19, 2011 at 7:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 1237 times.

Screen Name:keepupp
Phone:513-262-9011
E-mail:keepupp@aol.com
Research keepupp's post history

Message Make and Model: 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
Mileage: 77,325
VIN#: JN1CZ24A6LX001623
Exterior Color: Super White
Interior Color: Charcoal cloth
Price: $21,500
Email: keepupp@aol.com

Up for sale is my Pristine 2-owner 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo 5 spd. in the original factory Super White with charcoal interior in near flawless condition with over $40k invested. Highly respected Z community members SilverTwin(OH) and RameyZ completed the majority of the work on this car so I’m sure they would vouch for its condition and quality of parts.

My search for the perfect Z:

After literally years of searching I came upon a 1-owner, low mile gem. The original owner obviously loved this car as indicated by the immaculate paint, plush/like-new interior, and attention to factory recommended service intervals. The service records backed up my initial gut instinct to buy this car before someone else did! As you can tell from my auction I’m in Ohio, but the car came from California where it spent the first 18 years of its garage kept life. I spotted the car on a For Sale advertisement on Ebay and knew instantly it was a gem. Luckily for me, I had a brother living just miles from the owner who could evaluate the car. Within weeks the car was loaded up on a carrier and to my doorstep in Southwest Ohio.

Condition:

This is a fine example of a scratch-free original OEM paint finish. The only paint work done to the entire vehicle is on the brand new OEM 1999 Nissan front bumper to update the look of the car. Other than that there are a few rock chips that have been professionally touched up and a single ding that is nearly impossible to spot on the driver side door. I have high expectations when it comes to my cars and can honestly say you will not find a nicer example of a Z car. Also, this car has been in zero accidents. I have a brand new 2011 Cadillac CTS-V with 6000 miles and I can say this 300ZX is in similar like-new condition. The BBS wheels have a couple of rock chips and slight, I mean slight curb rash on one of the wheels. As for the interior: What ultimately sold me on this car was the near perfect upholstery and plastics on the inside. The side bolsters are the first thing I look at when checking out a Z. Most Z cars I run across have major wear OR tears on the seats. My car has no such wear! The interior of a car can really tell you a lot about previous owner(s) and in this case I had found a car whose original owner absolutely loved to care for the car as I do. The car has never seen rain OR snow during my ownership and the underbody and engine bay suggest it lived the same type of pampered life with the previous owner…as a Garage Queen. The car currently sits under an OEM Nissan car cover waiting for someone who can truly appreciate such a fine automobile. The reason for the sale? My wife and I have been fortunate enough to have steady jobs and don’t need to sell. However, having a 2 car garage with 3 cars means one of the ‘daily drivers’ sits outside.

History of my ownership:

First, I would like to say that well known and respected members of the Z community SilverTwin(OH) and RameyZ did all of the work on the car so they can vouch for the condition of the car and the quality of parts used. I purchased this car 3 years ago with 71,076 miles on the clock. The car was all-original and only used factory Nissan parts when maintenance was required. The 60k maintenance was first done at 54,738 miles on 8/20/1999 (timing belt, timing belt tensioner, water pump, thermostat, cam seals, etc.). After a couple months of driving the car in stock form I decided to begin adding tasteful performance modifications that would retain everyday-like drivability without compromising the beautiful design Nissan created. Well, most performance junkies know that once you replace one part, another needs replacement, then another, then another, etc. I refused to add anything that detracted from the overall appearance and livability. When it was all told, I had more than $40k in the car (ouch, I know!). During the major overhaul of parts I first made sure all fluids and maintenance were completed to ensure the car was ready for the parts it was about to receive. The majority of parts were installed at one time AND just to be sure the motor would continue to be healthy I had the 60K maintenance done AGAIN at 73,029 miles along with new NGK spark plugs, rear main seal and new Redline Trans fluid. I completed research on each and every part so that they would all work in harmony. When I picked up the car for the first time since its major parts additions I noticed how easy it was to drive. The civility definitely fools you, then boost kicks in. The electronic boost controller is set at 16lbs. of boost and has been professionally dyno tuned to the tune of 461 Rear Wheel Horsepower and 451 Rear Wheel Torque (tested at 18lbs made 513rwhp but I preferred to keep it safe at 16 lbs.). I wanted a conservative tune and refused to push the turbos any more. These horsepower figures were done PROIR to the 2.5” intercooler piping, water injection system and AshSpec ‘Massives’ side-mount intercoolers were installed so you can expect to be in the 500rwhp range at the current 16lbs of boost (these parts were installed less than 200 miles ago!). By the way, this car is not raced or abused. At this point I only use it for the occasional jaunt to the grocery store about a half mile from the house.

I have all receipts for each part for which the new owner will receive. From the go-fast parts to the massive StopTech brake kit, to the BBS wheels no expense was spared. Here is a breakdown of the high end parts installed:

Performance Engine Parts:

Jim Wolf Technology Sport 700BB Ball Bearing Turbos
Z1 ECU with EPROM Chip for 740cc Injectors, Dual Intake w/Dual MAF
Jim Wolf Technology Dual POP intake with Dual MAF
NGK PFR6B-11B Spark Plugs
AshSpec ‘Massives’ Side Mount Intercoolers w/intercooler ducts
AshSpec 2.5” intercooler piping
Z1 58mm Throttle Bodies
AMS Underdrive Pulley
740cc Nismo Fuel Injectors with Deatschwerks Adaptors
Stillen Exhaust
Alloy Toyz 3" Downpipes and 3" to 2.5" Test Pipes
AMS Manifolds
Southbend DXD Full Feramic Clutch
Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel
Inland 1 piece Aluminum Driveshaft
Snow Water/Meth Injection (not yet installed)
Koyo Radiator
Stillen Oil Cooler
ZSpeed Solid Shift Kit
HD Clutch Fork Kit

Electronics:

Apexi AVC-R Electronic Boost Controller
Apexi Neo Fuel Controller
Autometer Boost Gauge and guage pod

Suspension:

14 in. Stoptech Big Brake Kit Front (Black Calipers)
13 in. Stoptech Big Brake Kit Rear (Black Calipers)
BBS RGR wheels (18X8.5 +23 Front and 18X9.5 +25 Rear)
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Tires (245/35/18 Front, 265/35/18 Rear) – Less than 5k miles on the set
Tein S-Tech Springs with Front Camber Kit
KYB 4-way Adjustable Front Shocks and 8-way adjustable Rears
Stillen Sway Bars Front and Rear
Energy Suspension Tension Rod Bushings (Black)
Sub Frame Spacers (Black)

Exterior:

OEM Nissan 1999 300ZX Tail Lights
OEM 1999 Front Fascia (shaved license plate)
Nismo Grill for Front Fascia
Smoked OEM Front Turn Signals
Powertrix CF Fog Ducts
30% Tint with Lifetime Warranty
OEM Nissan Car Cover

Interior:

COMPLETEY IMMACCULATE OEM interior. Only non-OEM parts include:

Autometer Boost Gauge
Boost and Fuel Controllers are located in the glove box

I have most of the original parts, and the new owner will be the recipient of these. In a nutshell, anyone would be hard pressed to find a nicer example of a well balanced, Z32 Z car. This car simply will NOT disappoint aesthetically or in regards to performance. I just invested tens of thousands of $$$ and know I will take a hit. Just about everything on the car is new (down to the battery and the rear hatch shocks). All performance work was completed just over 4k miles ago. Take advantage of the work already put into the car at a HUGE discount. I know I’m going to lose big $$$. One thing I would like to point out: I know I will be taking a substantial loss, but low-baller’s beware.

For more pics please visit...

[ http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq161/bigwoofers/danforsale/ ]

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq161/bigwoofers/danforsale/dansFS116.jpg ]">

Follow Ups
  • For Sale: 1990 Twin Turbo, Low mile, $40k+invested - keepupp 19:27:22 09/19/11