TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - EP Racing Coated Wrist Pin and Valve Stem Coating Service
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: EP Racing Coated Wrist Pin and Valve Stem Coating Service

Posted by Tech@EPR on September 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM
  This message has been viewed 283 times.

Screen Name:Tech@EPR
Phone:609-234-4700
E-mail:tech@epracing.net
Research Tech@EPR's post history

Im digging deeper into the realm of what can be coated on engine assemblies and I'm continuously finding what areas of certain parts can benefit from a particular coating. Recently I've dove into smaller internal parts like valve springs, retainers, valves, lifters (solid) and other small sub assembly parts that could benefit from a coating regiment.

I now offer coating services for valve stems and wrist pins (full floating design). I've seen several engines after been torn down for inspection for both cores and customers engine sent in to be rebuilt, that there are severe galling issues and binding going on inside the engine. Obviously correct clearances make or break an engine and when you add coatings to the equation things are just that much better!

Coating after market wrist pins & Intake valve stems on your factory/aftermarket valves serves a few purposes.

1. Provides a better lubricated surface
2. Protects area of wear under greater stress/friction
3. Retains oil at the coated area ensuring the part never sees any added friction.
3. Keeps parts running cooler

All these small improvements with coatings can equate to an engine that will run better, smoother, and perform above and beyond what your assembly will run without coatings. Its a win/win situation for the engine to run coated parts. We all know that keeping friction down to a minimum is key and incorporating coatings aids in achieving that result.

Pricing for coating valves runs $85

Pricing for coating wrist pins - $100

Dry film lubricant on the valve stems to aid in lubrication and prevent galling. The valve stems feel like silk once cured and burnished.

Follow Ups
  • EP Racing Coated Wrist Pin and Valve Stem Coating Service - Tech@EPR 09:10:44 09/14/11