TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - fs/ft or part out '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 Twin Turbo Project
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: fs/ft or part out '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 Twin Turbo Project

Posted by racer-z on September 13, 2011 at 7:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 262 times.

Screen Name:racer-z
Phone:860-933-5661
E-mail:jer_kanter@yahoo.com
Research racer-z's post history

Message 1990 300ZX 2+2. Engine, Trans, Interior all removed. Includes two engines. The stock NA (complete but in pieces) and a Twin Turbo(same deal). The TT lower end has been hot tanked, cleaned, and bored 3mm over taking it to 3.1L with stock stroke. Includes new JE 93mm, 8.5:1 pistons, that have moly coated skirts, and gold heat reflective coating on top(swaintech coatings). Pauter Rods. Crank has been cleaned, balanced, and polished. New crank and rod bearings. All in all about $3000 between the machine work and parts. Up top the heads have been treated to SGP Racing stage 4 port and polish work. 1mm oversize stainless steel valves (int and exh), custom grind JUN Racing cams and JUN adjustable cam gears. Cams are 272 deg. @.5mm, max 10.5mm lift. Tomei solid lifters, HD valve springs, and Ti retainers and keepers. These heads just for the parts, machine work, and labor cost me $5500 plus, never mind buying the second set of heads. Also for aftermarket goods I have around are Jim Wolf Technology POP charger, and JWT TT 5spd ECU(planned on going to Zem but didnt get that far). KOYO aluminum radiator, and Speednosis C02 sprayer. Pace Setter exhaust came on the car when I got it(not what i planned on using). Also includes the stock auto tranny and a 5spd tranny with clutch pedal, mc and slave cylinder.

I have the complete interior. Color is brown and tan, mix of leather and tweed. glove box has been redone yellow and black as my test piece for an interior idea. Also may need seatbelts, cant remember if i cut the old ones, but i planned on 4 or 5 point harnesses anyway.

Exterior is good. Started shaving the AM/FM antenna and rear wiper is removed to do the same. Tho i believe i still have it. Needs some work in engine bay due to battery tray being cut out (it was rusted from a battery leaking at some point). I was planning on relocating to trunk.

I have around 10K invested just in the stuff that didnt actually come with the car when i bought it. Plus the car itself. I have the title. It is a rebuilt as the car was smacked up by previous owner and much of the front end was professionally replaced. It looked good before i tore it apart and drove perfectly fine and straight for the couple years i drove it before i got the bright idea of converting it (and the power nut in me let the project spiral out of control).

Im looking to get $6k for it as a whole. I will part it out for a lot more so if you only want parts i'll entertain offers. Worked Heads are 4k firm and will only be sold complete as they are now. Cash or trades plus cash on your part depending on what ya got. VW's or motorcyles preferred but i'll entertain others. I'll try to get pics up soon. Serious inquiries only please.

Email is the only good way to get a hold of me due to my job.

jer.kanter@yahoo.com

Follow Ups
  • fs/ft or part out '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 Twin Turbo Project - racer-z 19:01:01 09/13/11