TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1995 RB26 300zx, has A/C, P/S, Very clean *price drop*
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: 1995 RB26 300zx, has A/C, P/S, Very clean *price drop*

Posted by zboost(tx) on August 30, 2011 at 10:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 1010 times.

Screen Name:zboost(tx)
Phone:email please
E-mail:zboost300@gmail.com
Research zboost(tx)'s post history

Message **price drop, $22,900 obo, will take trades (shoot me what you have**

Hi, up for sale is my 1995 300zx with a Nissan Skyline GTR RB26 engine.

I have owned this car for 7 years and purchased it with 100K miles. Only 30K miles have been put on in the past 7 years.

This was my vision of how a 300zx should be and I hope it is someone else’s as well. I do not have a NEED to sell this car, but my life has changed these past few years and I hardly drive it anymore. Between work and other things going on I have put maybe 500 miles on it this year. It is truly a garage queen.

A little background on the car:

When I purchased the car 7 years ago it was in great shape as it is today. The previous owner took great care of it and it showed. The car was a southern weather car for most of its life. I then bought it from a dealer called Evans Motors in Little Rock, AR and drove it back to Virginia where I lived for a few years and then moved back down here to Texas.

I decided to do this conversion as I really loved the skyline GTR, but could live with the idea of driving an illegal car which could confiscated by the US Govt. at a moment’s notice. I then started thinking why did I like the GTR so much? Well, the answer was simple: the rb26 engine. The rb26 is a high reving inline 6 meant for big power and in my opinion the best engine ever made out of all the Japanese sports cars. This car has the best of both worlds: the heart of Godzilla and the timeless elegance the z32 300zx provides.

There were many battles with this conversion, and MANY MANY dollars spent. I have honestly lost track of what I spent on this project, but if I had to guess I would say over $40,000 dollars and countless man hours of labor, blood and sweat (yes, I have bled more than once working on this car).

There are very few z32’s with this engine swap, most have the rb25 (or the baby skyline engine) not the Godzilla engine.

To my knowledge this is THE ONLY 300zx with this swap to have WORKING A/C through the FACTORY CONTROLS. This was incredibly hard as I had to gather parts from both the GTR and the 300zx to make it work. MA-Motorsports completed the feat.

This works as it should and you would think it came this way from the factory. The fan goes on high speed when the A/C is turned on and comes on at a specified temperature. The cruise control system is intact as well and I just have to make a small little bracket to mount the actuator which can be done in a matter of an hour. Power steering works excellent.

Again I did this swap the right way and did not skimp on doing things cheaply and poorly. There are countless modifications done and I will list the few I remember here. Most of the engine related components were custom made by myself or my MA motorsports in Baltimore, MD. You can contact Ray at MA motorsports to vouch for this cars condition.

When building the car I took apart the engine to inspect its condition, I have included pictures of everything and the engine was in pristine condition. MA-Motorsports did a compression and leak down test as well prior to dynoing. The engine is in excellent condition.

The car was tuned by Ray as well and dynoed right around 600 RWHP as I recall. They have a mustang dyno so numbers will be higher on a dynojet.

Mods I remember:

RB26 engine swap:

Borg Warner S300SX turbo in .91A/R $980

RB26 engine and transmission $3900 (I got the later engine with the wide oil pump drive)

Big intercooler $300

Oil cooler $200

Custom fabricated Griffin radiator

RB26 Oil fabricated was customized to work. I did not like the cheap the rb25 oil pan looked and fit. The AWD diff was cut from the pan and further modified. The car now has the original beefy cast aluminum rb26 oil pan.

Greddy timing belt

Oil pan baffling

Tomei oil pump $900

Apexi power FC D-Jetro $1200

ATI Crank Super Dampener

Relocated oil filter

TiAL BOV

DEFI link boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, and temperature with the playback/recording box.

AEM wideband O2 sensor with gauge

800cc injectors

Aeromotive FPR

Fabrication of exhaust, plumbing and wiring at MA Motorsports + many Misc. things $ 8000

Modified crossmember

Full tune by Ray at MA-Motorsports $1100

Volk GT-C wheels $2800

Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires $1200

4” electric cutout on custom fabricated 4” downpipe (dumps a foot away from the turbo onto the ground) $200

Working A/C system $1500 (includes custom fabricated lines, and GTR Compressor with custom bracket.

Custom transmission consisting of 300zx main body and rb26 GTR bellhousing.

New driveshaft bearing

Energy Suspension differential bushings

Energy Suspension steering rack bushings

300 degree MCB

SPL tension rods

SPL Adjustable camber arms

Rear adjustable camber arms

New slave cylinder

Nismo light weight flywheel

New clutch

New pilot bearing

Eibach Springs

KYB AGX Shocks

Hawk brake pads

Brembo brake rotors

Stillen sway bars

Relocated battery

Stillen battery tie down

Silverstar bulbs

Alpine type R speakers

Alpine Class D amp.

Premier (pioneer) headunit

Clifford Alarm system

Carbing front and rear strut tower braces.

Two tone factory interior, (bought black dashboard from another 300zx)

ALL Synthetic fluids

25% window tint

SPAL PWM V3 fan controller

Nismo thermostat

Custom oil drain on the back of the rb26 head

I will be updating this ad periodically as there are MANY MANY things I have simply forgot over time and left out. As you probably noticed I did not put a price on many of the items because I simply forgot over time. For my sanity I stopped keeping receipts about 3 years ago, but like I said I definitely have over $40,000 in this car.

I have no real need to sell this car as I said. I am open to trades for other cars, email with what you have.

Asking price is $25,000

Any questions feel free to email me; email is by best form of contact, zboost300@gmail.com or by phone at 703-662-1644 (leave me a message if I do not answer).

Car is located in Keller, TX just south of Texas Motor Speedway.

New style crank

RB26 oil pan which modified. Diff was cutoff and that shaft in middle as well.

Gears

Oil drain on back of head

Expensive Tomei oil pump

[ http://www.photodump.org/stored15/rb26swap114.jpg ]"border=3>

Cyl #1

Cyl #2

Cyl #3

Cyl #4

Cyl #5

Cyl #6

4” Downpipe with exhaust cutout, this downpipe alone was $1100 to make.

Follow Ups
  • 1995 RB26 300zx, has A/C, P/S, Very clean *price drop* - zboost(tx) 22:48:13 08/30/11