People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: 1993 300ZX Twin Turbo 420rwhp

Posted by therin (Plum) on July 24, 2011 at 12:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 800 times.

Screen Name:therin (Plum)
Phone:(850) 635-5334
E-mail:jpwhsv@gmail.com
Research therin (Plum)'s post history

Message I have made the decision to sell my Z. I have listed it on eBay. For those interested in in-depth discussion about the car, please feel free to email or call. The link to the eBay auction is here:

[ http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170672298976&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT ]

Description for the car:

Up for auction is a 1993 300ZX Twin Turbo producing over 420 rwhp. This rare Z is expertly modified and maintained at Z1 Motor Sports. Power, handling, braking, aesthetics, and comfort, its all been covered. A 5-speed manual with 181k miles on the odometer, sporting original Silver paint with black leather interior, suede paneling, and original leather T-Top bags. All accessories are functional, including the A/C.

A *conservative* dyno test of 420rwhp/420 ft-lbs of torque on pump gas makes this car a blast to drive; the updated fuel computer and ECU are dyno-tuned and diagnostics gauges and ECU monitoring tools are all included with the car. Upgraded brakes and suspension allow the Z to stop and turn on a dime. This has been an exceedingly reliable Z, making it great as a daily driver OR a serious weekend canyon carver. Confidently drive cross country, or effortlessly thrust up windy mountains with your back pressed into the seat; this car will not let you down.

The Z has received in excess of $6,000 in preventative maintenance in the last couple years, to include a new timing belt, replacement and upgrade to new-style injectors and fuel rail, replacement of a plethora of hoses, lines, gaskets, exhaust, and various other parts. The rear tires are brand new as of July, 2011 and the high-end touch screen head unit was professionally installed in 2010 by Sound on Wheels, who also custom-mounted the electronic boost controller. It is ready to go!

Below is a list of significant modifications that have been made to the car:

POWERTRAIN
Z1 Motorsports Stage 1 Turbos
Nismo 615cc new-style Injectors *new*
Doolz Intake pipes w/ JWT Dual POP Intake
JWT ECU
Unorthodox UnderDrive Pulley
Stillen SMIC's with Stillen Ducts
HKS SS BOV's
RVM Hardpipes
Koyo Race Radiator w/Brackets
Polished Full-Length Radiator Air Guide
PFR7B-11B plugs
Stillen Lower Radiator Hardpipe
Dupree Sebring Cat-Back Exhaust
Flex-Jointed Test Pipes w/Resonators
Super-Split Downpipes
HKS DLI Twin Ignition System

DRIVETRAIN
RPS Segmented Lightweight Flywheel
JWT Extreme Duty clutch
Nismo Transmission Mount
AshZ Short Shifter
SGP Chromoly Clutch Pivot Ball
Stainless Steel Clutch Lines

SUSPENSION
Eibach Springs
300 Degree Camber Compensation Kit
Do-Luck Ladder Bar

BRAKES
Stoptech 4-Piston Kit (Front)
Brembo Rotors (Rear)
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Metal Matrix pads
300 Degree Master Cylinder Brace

WHEELS/TIRES

Yokohoma AVS Advan VS-5 Wheels - 17x8 (+32) and 17x9 (+30)
Bridgestone Potenza RE750 Tires - 275/40 (Rear) and 245/45 (Front)

EXTERIOR
Visualdynamics 9006 Low Beam HID Kit
94+ Model Spoiler
JDM Tailights
100% clear corners and sidemarkers, cleared & rewired fogs

INTERIOR
HKS EVC EZ Boost Controller
Apexi Turbo Timer
Apexi Super-AFC, tuned on the dyno
Techtom CMX-100
3-pod A-Pillar with Apexi Fuel Pressure, Boost Pressure, and EGT Gauges (Elec.)
Pioneer Touch-screen head unit and USB/iPod port, custom work performed at Sound on Wheels
Boston Acoustics Pro Series Separates (Front)
Alpine 5.1 Amp--Disconnected, but comes with car

The car does have a couple very minor issues that do not affect the performance, comfort, or reliability of the car, but are worth noting for prospective buyers:

1. The car still has its original silver paint job and some of the clear coat has begun to peel on the hood and fender. The paint on the rear bumper is also faded.

2. The car was in a low-speed (5 mph) fender-bender in 2010. There is minor damage to the front fascia and the passenger side fog light. Z1 Motorsports inspected the car following the accident and they report NO damage to the frame or other areas of the car.

3. The A/C works very well and was recharged last year, but the compressor does make noise when it is engaged. It probably has 2 or 3 more summers before a replacement would be in order.

PLEAE NOTE:

Starting bid is $10,000. There is NO reserve on this auction. The car is being sold to make room for a Jeep (which is also more kid-friendly). We recently moved to the beach and need a 4x4 to drive on the sand. Additionaly pictures are available upon request and Im happy to take pictures of any part of the car that is requested.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call/text Josh at 256-527-1730. I have a Clear Title in hand ready to go, issued by the state of Florida.

If you live near Destin, FL and you would like to see the car, feel free to call me to setup a time and day. My schedule is flexible and I am happy to meet up with SERIOUS buyers.

Follow Ups