TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 3-Pc Energy Suspension Tension Rod Bushings Preinstalled
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: 3-Pc Energy Suspension Tension Rod Bushings Preinstalled

Posted by Guapo on March 31, 2011 at 8:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 405 times.

Screen Name:Guapo
Phone:214-USE-EMAIL
E-mail:guapo at guapozx.com
Research Guapo's post history

Message Stock silicone-filled tension rod bushings often fail over time. They will leak their silicone through the rubber casing. This results in poor handling, braking, and increased tire wear.
There are typically 3 solutions -
- Adjustable tension rods. These offer adjustability, but at the expense of some ride comfort. They are also the most expensive solution.
- Buy a whole new stock tension rod. This is about as expensive as adjustable tension rods. They offer the softest ride, but they will eventually fail again.
- Energy Suspension bushings. The 3-pc bushing assembly is made from polyurethane. They offer a more responsive ride than stock, not as harsh as adjustables, and are less expensive than either. There are two versions - red and black. The black are impregnated with graphite to eliminate any squeaking. The only downside to the ES bushings is that you need to press out your stock bushings, requiring access to a press or to pay a machine shop to press them out for you.

I have eliminated the only downside to the ES bushings. These tension rods are pre-installed with the ES bushings, allowing you to do a simple, 1 hr DIY install of the tension rods. Instructions are here in TwinTurbo.Net's tech pages. You will receive the items shown in the picture. I ask for your old tension rods to be sent back to me as a core. There is no core charge, just good faith.

$90 shipped (48 state), you pay return on core
$100 shipped, I will include a prepaid return label for the core. Paypal adds 3%

Express and International shipping available at reasonable rates. Please email me.

Follow Ups
  • 3-Pc Energy Suspension Tension Rod Bushings Preinstalled - Guapo 08:43:31 03/31/11