TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 92 RCP Slicktop lots of mods, mechanically great
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: 92 RCP Slicktop lots of mods, mechanically great

Posted by punkzdriver on February 21, 2011 at 7:55 AM
  This message has been viewed 381 times.

Screen Name:punkzdriver
Phone:516-640
E-mail:punkjust@yahoo.com
Research punkzdriver's post history

Message Im selling my 1992 non-turbo Red Cherry Pearl Slick Top
The car is at right around 127k miles and has a 5-speed

I bought the car in 2002 when it had about 76k miles from a used car lot. As soon as I purchased it, I had the 60k mile maint. done just in case it wasnt done so already.

At about that same time, I had the Stillen headers, Stillen intake, and Stillen front and rear sway bars installed. It was used by me as a 2nd car and had regular Mobil one oil changes.

Over the next couple of years, I added some bolt on's here and there. At one point, the car was side swipped while parked in a parking lot. There was no note, exchange of insurance, or anything like that, so it was never repaired.

Along the way, other modifications included the Centerforce Stage II clutch, OEM J-spec tails, Powertrix front tension arms, SPL front sway bar links, CZP rear sway bar links, Cusco rear strut bar with custom boots for clean install, GD subframe spacers, Z1 two-row radiator, MegaZ 3-piece air guide, Top Speed short throw shifter with J-spec boots and NISMO shift knob.

At some point I started stock piling parts in my basement and in 2008 I drove the car down to VA to Bernie's where it stayed for a few months.

At that time, Bernie performed the 120k mile maint., as well as a number of other upgrades, and part installs. A lower plenum was machined and installed to accept the new style fuel rails, which housed the newer style OEM TT spec injectors. ALL of the rubber and hard fuel lines, FPR, and fuel filter were replaced at that time, as well as all of the hardware / o-rings associated with the injector install. Above that, a wrinkle black poweder coat upper plenum was intalled with all new gaskets. To use the OEM TT spec injectors, a custom JWT chip was installed. At this same time, there were a number of engine upgrades such as the JWT VTC springs, UR pulley SET, H.I. overdrive pulley, OEM TT spec oil cooler. The exahust from behind the headers was also replaced with a full SS SZ exhaust with test pipes and high flow cats. The Z1 platinum series one-piece driveshaft was also installed with NISMO tranny bushing. There was also a number of parts replaced with chromed pieces, such as the PS reservoir, balance tube, hard fuel line, plenum brakcets, coil pack brackets, RDZ SS bolt kit, CAS bracket, TB's, TB linkage, etc.

Besides the engine, the suspension was also upgraded further at this time, including Tokico Illumina shocks, Eiback pro kit springs, many new NISMO bushings, all new boots and hardware. A custom powder coated Carbing front strut tie bar was also installed above the Powertrix carbon fiber throttle cable cover.

While at Bernie's, Robo installed the new window and roof mouldings.

Just prior to heading down to Bernie's, the car had its interior completely updated with Tuner-D seat covers that are black, with seude inserts and red stitching, black Imports Extreme interior kit, and almost every single plastic piece replaced.

Also, the car received 17"x8" Volk CE-28 wheels with Yokohama tires and Volk time attack center caps, Volk Duraluminum lug nuts, and Volk metal vales.

The car is perfect mechanically. It needs nothing as most of the parts are only a few thousand miles old. When cleaned and polished, the Red Cherry Pearl turns heads...I get the typical cant believe the ca is a 92 comments.

It sucks that the side was swiped, but there is no rust, and has been waxed over numerous times. That, and the fact that the climate control pod is missing a screw so its loose are the only two issues with this car.

There are some other changes like an after market alarm, Alpine radio and speakers, etc. As long as this post is, I am sure I am still missing a few things.

I have every single receipt and / or service invoice from all work and part orders.

I am only selling this car because I need to make room in front of my house and I need to lower my monthly bills. By selling this car, I am able to lower my insurance, and purchased another fun car that is more family orientated and I need to be able to afford those monthly payments. I hate seeing the car just sit in front of my house, and would rather see someone enjoy her, and maybe in another 60k - 120k miles give her a TT engine that I wont ever be able to afford.

The price at this point is $5750 with the Volk wheels, or $5000 with the stock wheels and BFG tires. You could easily sell the wheels and tires for $1k and then have yourself a super solid slicktop for $4750

Serious inquiries can email me for pictures and / or interest:
punkjust@yahoo.com

Follow Ups
  • 92 RCP Slicktop lots of mods, mechanically great - punkzdriver 07:55:33 02/21/11